Thursday, June 19, 2014

CHATTING WITH JIMMY MOORE

WHY I WAS OUT OF BED HOURS BEFORE THE CRACK OF DAWN

A few months ago I did something bold, bold for me that is. I contacteDietitian Cassie to go on the podcast show Low Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore and Friends. Link here. I was very surprised when I received a reply email inviting me to participate with dates in May. All I needed to do was open a Skype account with a username and get some headphones. I had to get help from my daughter to set up the SkyPe account ..... another bit of technology learned. Then Dietitian Cassie's team worked out the time change between Minnesota and New Zealand. I was too excited to sleep, finally falling asleep in the early hours of the morning. What with that, the daylight saving changes and my wonky arithmetic I missed my date by nearly two hours. I thought that was it until I received another mail suggesting dates in June. I think they were intrigued that anyone my age would be interested in being on the show. 

Today was the day. We set our alarms and I went to bed extra early. Last time I had been too excited to sleep. This time I woke at midnight but went back to sleep and woke again at 3.30 am. That was good enough for me as the alarms were set for 4 am. I had time to make coffee, keto coffee with coconut oil, coconut cream and real NZ thick cream. I then found some Southern Gospel singing I could join in with to wake up my voice. I was ready. Not long after 4 am came the messages through Skype to make sure I was here and ask a few questions. 

A few minutes before the scheduled recording time the call came through and sound checks were made. Apparently my headphones, which are new, messed things up so they had to be disconnected and I was good to go. It will be interesting to see how the sound is. I am very conscious of my speech these days. Bells Palsy has affected my ability to pronounce certain letters unless I hold my hand to my face in a particular way. It has also affected my vocal chords so that I often sound quavery, like a very old lady. I won't know how I soununtil this podcast is released on the website.

The other guest was Ben, a fitness trainer an paleo nutrition expert from Ireland. He has begun working with Alzheimers sufferers. I'like to know more about his work there.

Cassie and Jimmy make things so easy. It was like a chat with friends which is exactly how they describe it too. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My nervousness even disappeared. Now I am looking forward to Jimmy Moore's visit to New Zealand even more than previously. I must make sure I can be there.

I'll post the link when the show comes up. 
CONTENTED GRASS FED BEEF CATTLE ACROSS THE ROAD FROM OUR HOUSE

2 comments:

  1. :O! That would have been BOLD for me, too! Can't wait to hear the results. :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic !!! I will listen for sure. I'd never have the courage to do this, well done.

    ReplyDelete