Thursday, June 20, 2013

GOING HOME TODAY ...... IF THE SNOW HOLDS OFF

QUIRKY CHRISTCHURCH

The forecast is awful for the next few days and we are scheduled to fly out of Christchurch Airport in the middle of the day. So far the weather has followed the forecast exactly so hoping the snow arrives late after we've left town. I wouldn't mind being here when it snows but we all have plans and don't really need the stress of disruption. The shops are running out of bread and milk tonight as people prepare for being shut in for a few days.
MAYBE YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND
THE LOVE AFFAIR NEW ZEALAND HAS
WITH BLACK, GREY AND OTHER DARK AND DULL COLOURS
TO APPRECIATE THE HOPE THESE BRIGHT BINS EVOKE

Yesterday we visited the prison for the last time this trip. We were glad not to get wet walking between the buildings. Driving was not all that pleasant though. John is exhausted and I think it's been the stress of doing more driving around the city than for some years. I am more relaxed than I expected to be. The time has gone fast and I feel as though we are going home having achieved most things I had in mind. Yesterday we found a new knitting/craft shop at Eastgate Mall. I found a pattern for the cardigan I want to knit John and they had a good range of wool at decent prices. Thank goodness for the Australians. Yes I did write that!
I ADORE STREET MURALS

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully by now. you are nicely tucked up in your home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, by now you are most likely back home, where you can pamper John a bit and he can rest up! So glad you felt the trip was productive.
    I love wall murals, too... so creative. And that little car on the building wall cracked me up. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you make it home safely... all the dreadful weather we have been having and all.
    I like those coloured bins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is well with you, very quiet :)

    ReplyDelete