Wednesday, June 12, 2013

CHRISTCHURCH ..... SOMEWHAT STRESSFUL...BEWARE, PHOTO OVERLOAD!

THIS PICTURE SHOULD BE WAITING FOR US WHEN WE ARRIVE HOME

It seems a little pathetic to say I'm finding this trip to Christchurch a little stressful. We are comfortable staying with our son and his wife. The house is warm and we have few responsibilities and no long "To Do" list.

The prison visits have gone smoothly so not sure what's up with me. The novelty of visiting a prison has completely worn off and it is becoming a chore. The thought of continuing these visits for several more years is one I don't want to think about.

When I do not Blog you can be sure it's because I feel stressed for some reason or another.

I am generally eating my kind of food so it's not that. Of course everything is easier in our own home but things are being made so easy for me here I have nothing to complain about.

This afternoon we stopped at the Hub, the Shopping Mall in Hornby, S. Christchurch. After being at the prison there's a desire to treat ourselves, well that's what I think anyway. I had a cappuccino, and a sweet slice made from nuts, seeds and dried fruit glued together with honey. It was sweet and I expected to have food cravings but here it is, 7 hours later and I still am not hungry.

Amanda had bought some coupons for PixelPaint and asked if I'd like to use them. They make those wrap around pictures from your own photos. I wanted to give Amanda's sister a photo of the Blue Hawaiian cocktail we drank on one of our last days in Honolulu, since it was her request we get one and take a photo for her. It looks so good I wish I had one done for myself but I can't justify the full price. The second coupon I had already used to get a photo of a branch of plumeria flowers, (frangipani). Top photo.



I had to enlist Amanda's help to choose our picture. here are the possibles. Of course there were many others but when I had to choose only one, I had to think more carefully about what would bring back the memories and atmosphere and still look good on canvas.
ABANDONED HOUSE, PAHOA

HUGE POMPOM FLOWERS ON THE GOLDEN TREE


SUNSET AT THE LUAU FEAST NIGHT

BEACH LOCATION OF BLUE HAWAII STARRING ELVIS PRESLEY

ARRANGEMENT OF LOCALLY GROWN FLOWERS IN THE LADIES TOILET

PALM TREES AND MUSEUM, KING'S MANSION IN KONA


THE YELLOW HIBISCUS IS HAWAII'S NATIONAL FLOWER ...
NOT SURE WHETHER IT IS THIS PARTICULAR VARIETY THOUGH


FRUIT AND VEGIES FROM THE PAHOA FARMER'S MARKET

PARROT AT THE LUAU FEAST NIGHT

ROCK FORMED FROM LAVA FLOW

PALM TREES AT HOOKENA BEACH BEACH

PLACE OF REFUGE

TWO STEP BEACH NEAR THE PLACE OF REFUGE

TRAIL ACROSS THE KILAUEA IKI CRATER,
A SMALL SECTION OF THE KILAUEA CALDERA

A MOST PLEASANT WALK ON THE WAY TO THURSTON LAVA TUBE

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is the parrot at the luau in silhouette. Always when staying with someone else it is never as comfortable as one's own home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the parrot one, the rock formation one and the last one lol. Hope the rest of your stay is better for you :)

    ReplyDelete