Tuesday, February 12, 2013

FOUR WEEKS ONE DAY TO HONOLULU

TIDYING UP THE BEACH FRONT FOR THE PHOTOGRAPHS

13 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS MORE THAN 28 kg/62 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

I am 73 years old and working at being in nutritional ketosis á la Jimmy Moore of Livin La Vida fame.

It's never too late to change your life for better.







Yesterday was another stress filled day. John and I went over to Mum's to do a little gardening and we expected the photographer. He had suggested Tuesday but out forecast was for cloud so thought he would try to fit it in Monday. yesterday. That totally freaked a few who thought they had to do a lot mre to have the place ready for photographs. In fact one person had a go at the photographer for coming a day early. I was right there and told him it wasn't his call and there was a slightly unpleasant scene and I thought we were going ot lose the photographer right there. We were able to get all the upstairs inside shots and some outside ones and the photographer agreed to come back the next day to finish the downstairs and any outside ones that might be needed.

Today's photo is clearing away a bonfire which had been built in the wrong place according to someone I will not name. Thank-goodness we should be able to relax now as there is only maintenance to do and any other titivating that seems worth the bother as we go along. I would have been very happy to see the bonfire remain although we are under a total fire ban right now. I thought it would be fun to have a bonfire at Easter.

Jane is still on holiday and we will be going over to house sit, basically care for the spoilt cats, for a few days including the weekend.

I also went for a swim. How could I resist that sea. The good news is that my new swimming goggles work perfectly. I take an age to get into the water preferring to walk in getting wet inch by inch as my body adjusts to the water temperature which was not particularly warm once you paddles beyond knee depth. It doesn't look as though there is much surf but there are a few waves and AI was almost waist deep when a big one came, breaking around me. I went under and it was OK. I swam around a bit until I began to chill before warming up in the sun.

I was so tired when we got home I kept dozing off in my chair and ended up going to bed far too late.

Today I had my first electrolysis session. Shock horror. I had discovered some chin hairs and recently I became aware of how dark my moustache had become. I do not want to have a twisted face and a dark moustache.  Vanity kicked in. Jane gave me a voucher for Christmas which has paid so far. I love that girl.

I also had an appointment with Nurse Lynn, (Personal Trainer for want of a better description). My blood pressure is still up. I need to work on all those de-stressing tricks. My weight is down so I am not imagining the lost weight over the last 10 days. It's not fantastic but any loss is exciting at this stage. We shopped for groceries and came home. I was waiting for a phone call from Waikato Hospital. The scheduler was trying to fit me in with the opthalmologist. I am running out of days to have the procedure to lift me eye lid so that I can close my eye. Anyway they are still working on it and I won't have a trip to Hamilton tomorrow. I'm glad about that.

The lady doing the electrolysis said she is taking homeopathic remedies for cold sores. That's the herpes virus. I believe having Bells Palsy can be related to the herpes virus, which is also more active when a person is under stress. I have had a stream of cold sore off and on for the whole year. It sounds as though I need to have a good chat with the good people at the Health Shop.

Two whole days and then we pack for 5 or 6 days at Mum's house. The days are flying by. 24 days and we fly away.

You can see how I'm doing by clicking here or use the Tracker/Records tab at the top of the post.


1 comment:

  1. Good grief. You know, if the "others" were so intent on doing ore in the house, they shouldn't have waited until one day before the photog to do it. Just MHO, of course.

    Congrats on the weight loss and WAHOO vacation. It sounds like IT needs to be a day early!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete