Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WEDNESDAY


12 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

I am 73 years old and working at being in nutritional ketosis á la Jimmy Moore of Livin La Vida fame.

It's never too late to change your life for better.


Tired and going to bed before I start eat the house.

John's procedure went well. It was a very long day. A whole lot of waiting.

No visit with my personal Trainer/Support person today. It's just as well I had already set up today's post or I would have forgotten I had an appointment booked. Unfortunately medical matters have intruded and I have to be at Thames Hospital at 2 pm. It's only an assessment by the plastic surgery people and I'm not sure whether I really want to go there anyway. Some days I totally forget I have a twisted face from the Bells Palsy. It is a nuisance that some letters are difficult to say and my speech can get very weird when I'm tired. I regret that I've lost my brilliant smile. It is a nuisance sometimes when I'm eating and drinking but my question is, Will the surgery be worth it? I have a bad record with anaesthetics and right now I don't want to waste a year of my life recovering from the after effects because that's what it took last time and I was many years younger.

Bell's Palsy is a nuisance and a distraction. It does not affect my general health these days. I still have hope that the facial nerve will heal as I continue to work on lifestyle improvements through nutrition and suitable exercise. It seems odd that I would consider  following through with this assessment for plastic surgery but I have learned that sometimes it pays to stay in the system. I doubt if I will be on any priority list so it could be 18 months before anything more constructive comes up. I guess I'll know more later.

THOUGHTS .......

Jamie of Your Lighter Side says this so much better than I can.


Eschew perfection.
If you’re an ‘all or nothing’ person like me, chances are you probably put a lot of pressure on yourself to be at the top of your game every single second. You alphabetize your days of the week underpants. You set aside a millions projects you started because it was never the right time. You put off taking care of other things unless you can carry out the rigid plan in your head for everything to be just right. The happiest moments you have aren’t because everything went according to plan. You’re more likely to remember the time you tried to look hip and got your foot stuck in your jogging stroller than the time you got your nail polish just right. Sometimes a little imperfection accentuates the richness of life.
Tip: Celebrate your progress instead of grading yourself on the process. You’re better than perfect–you’re you.


DAILY READ  ....24 hours at a time goals.



Commit Daily.
(i.e. Each day commit to taking the measures necessary to reach those 3 goals for 24 hours only –
Today.
Recommit each morning. Every morning. Wake up. Go pee. Then hunker down with your winning, achieving self and recommit to your daily goals for this new 24 hour period. Now achieve them. You can do it. We can do it.)


SPIRITUAL
COMMUNITY
HEALTH

HOW DID I DO? .......




You can see how I'm doing by clicking here or use the Tracker/Records tab at the top of the post.

3 comments:

  1. So glad your husband's procedure went well. I was a bit concerned about the long drive so soon afterwards. I, of course, prayed for you guys.

    Re: the face. I'm still praying about that, too. :) Even so, it's good to keep your options open by following thru with the assessment. Good to keep options open until you see what God wants to do. Let God close doors, if He wants them closed. I'm still expecting a healing.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and being real! I like having a friend in New Zealand. You are a blessing Margieanne, don't ever sell yourself short. The world is a better place because of you...believe it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way...I like the changes you are making here on your blog. It's raining here in Oregon, but I know the sun is still shining above our grey clouds. If we could just get up high enough we could see it, but in the meantime I enjoy seeing sunshine photos from blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete