Wednesday, January 16, 2013

STARTING WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER/SUPPORT PERSON


12 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

4/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

I am 73 years old and working at being in nutritional ketosis á la Jimmy Moore of Livin La Vida fame.

It's never too late to change your life for better.




MY TARGET RATIO TO MAINTAIN NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS

1150 Calories 
95. 5 gm fat (75%) = 858 cal.
57 gm protein (20%) = 228 cal.
14.5 gm carbohydrates (5%) = 58 cal.



I don't plan to be perfect. If I am close 5 out of 7 days I will be happy.

THOUGHTS .......

The personal Trainer I am seeing wants me to eat breakfast. She doesn't think coffee and cream counts. Haha. I'm not averse to breakfast just didn't find it necessary once I began to have coffee and cream . I haven't really been ignoring breakfast. Occasionally I eat reasonably early but most of the time I have more of a brunch and it suits me. But I'm going to give her suggestions a go. Who knows It might make a difference and get me off this stall.

I can see she is likely to follow conventional dietary guideline and we might part company if she thinks I need to make too many changes. I am determined to get into Nutritional Ketosis á la Jimmey Moore even if I only trial it for a month. I saw a shocked look when I replied to a her question about fruit that I'd rather eat veggies and fruit is not necessarily a daily thing.

I haven't over eaten today, I mean, I've only eaten my normal amount of calories so far but I did have dinner with John about 6.30 pm and I feel stuffed. That's not good and I haven't felt this uncomfortable for a while. I should have left half my meal on my plate. I had the meat from a whole chicken leg, 3 sprigs of broccoli and a good spoonful of Spicy Feta Dressing. Three meals a day are fine but they will need to be very small.

I'm not really sure whether I will continue to eat breakfast beyond this week. It all depends on how much weight I lose and how I feel at weigh in.

I picked up the book he Cholesterol Myth again today. I think I might write a little about it tomorrow and maybe make it a focus once a week. A few days ago a Blogging friend had a serious reaction to a newly prescribed statin. I am shocked that so many people blinfly follow their doctor's advice even when they have awful reactions. I would want to know a lot more about what I am taking. Am I that different from the norm? It seems so. I want to write about this without implicating my friend.

DAILY READ  ....24 hours at a time goals. I want to read this regularly as a reminder until I think it has become a part of me.

Commit Daily.
(i.e. Each day commit to taking the measures necessary to reach those 3 goals for 24 hours only –
Today.
Recommit each morning. Every morning. Wake up. Go pee. Then hunker down with your winning, achieving self and recommit to your daily goals for this new 24 hour period. Now achieve them. You can do it. We can do it.)


SPIRITUAL:- Listening to audio Bible.
COMMUNITY:- Nothing
HEALTH:- I'm certainly continuing to work on this one. I'm even keeping a written on paper diary to take with me to the PT.

HOW DID I DO? .......


15 minutes cross-trainer
Fats = 71.1 %
Proteins = 22.4 %
Carbs = 6.5 %
Total calories for day = 1250



Breakfast:- Coffee and cream

Lunch: Left-overs, beef, broccoli and gravy made a qick stew eaten with a spoon.20 gm  Choc and almond fat bomb.

Dinner:- Chicken, (slow cooked roast), broccoli and feta dressing.

Snacks:- Diet Jelly with pulp of one passion fruit, 2 small strawberries and spoon of whipped cream. Now I'm really over my calories but then I'm only aware of calories so I get the feel of the ratios between the macronutrients.

Drinks:- Water x 2
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 3
Cream coffee x 2
Other

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

15 minutes = 3 km

January Total = 8.5/140 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed officially. Accuretic becomes Accupril.
12th January, 2013 ..... another med change by self. I only take Accupril occasionally if at all. Still on Plendil 2.5mg until BP checked
16th January BP 150/95 .... At least I think that's what it was. Will check next week. Hmm resume taking 5mg Accupril as well as Plendil.

Start weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb
31st December:- 87.5/192.5 lbs

2013 Weight Loss History Starting at 87.5 kg/195.5 lbs
January:-


2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- + 1.5 kg/3 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Breakfast. ack. Don't worry, I'm not going to saddle you with yet ANOTHER opinion on that.

    For as long as I can remember, to eat or not to eat--that is the Breakfast Question... has been controversial. And especially the last 3 yrs, I've tried to really read the lastest in nutritional "science". Well, it's STILL controversial. And every so-called expert has their own take. The "never skip" camp; the "that's an old myth" camp; the "it's all about blood sugar" camp; the "NK" camp; the "Paleo/Primal" camp... and everything in between. :-O

    I'll be interested to see how your experiment goes, doing it the way your PT suggests. Thanks for letting us follow along. (Don't think of your self as a guinea pig, but rather as a test pilot, ha ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the term "Test Pilot" :) As for the breakfast thing...I sure wouldn't advise anyone on that. It is such a personal one that each of us has to decide what suits best.
    Just a thought here.......the diet jellies......the sweetener in them would be a worry for me!! Personally they are a no go zone for me as are any 'diet' products :)
    Good on you for setting goals and I do hope the PT listens to you and not dictates LOL :)

    ReplyDelete