Monday, January 28, 2013

REMEMBERING MUM TWELVE MONTHS ON


MUM AND ONE OF HER GRAND BABIES ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO


It's hard to believe that a whole year has flowed on by since Mum died. You can read my tribute to her here.

13 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

I am 73 years old and working at being in nutritional ketosis á la Jimmy Moore of Livin La Vida fame.

It's never too late to change your life for better.


HAPPY DANCE Fasting Blood Ketones = 1.6  Exactly where I want to be. Now to maintain this for the next 14 days and according to Phinney and Volek I will be a fat burner.


Another success at lunch today. We, (14 family members), gathered at the Robert Harris Coffee Shop in Matamata. John began to get upset because he couldn't see anything wheat free in their cabinet except frittata. My attention was drawn to the Angus beef burger. I ordered the burger without the bun for us both, John wanted iced coffee so I ordered him a frappé and I began to describe what I wanted and the counter assistant suggested Coffee Americano. That is exactly what I wanted but I wasn't sure whether she would get it or not. I am so proud of myself for asking them to make changes to their standard servings to suit us. The staff made it easy for me but even so it's not something I would have dared to do a couple of years ago. I'm growing up *smiles*

Our bunless burgers were plated nicely with salad and tasted delicious. My Americano was almost perfect. a single shot of espresso over ice, topped with cold water instead of milk, and a beautiful swirl of whipped cream. I think 2 shots of espresso would have tasted better but I doubt if I needed that much caffeine anyway. I haven't heard John complain about his frappé so he was happy too. It wasn't cheap at $42 but that's par for the course here if you want anything decent.

After lots of catch-up chatter we went out to the cemetery where I said a brief prayer thanking God and asking for His protection and blessings over the generation. It was really hot so I was glad of a shady tree to stand under.

John and I popped into the Matamata New World supermarket and bought a few items to tide us over the next few meals before we go home again on Wednesday. It was lovely to reach our Motel before 5 pm and find it opened up and cool. We can have our normal relaxed/lazy evening. We need to be out of bed and organised to go to the hospital, a few 100 metres from the Argent Motel, by 7.30 am. I'll be packing a boxed lunch and books. I will probably hang around the hospital the whole time John is there which could be anything from 6 - 10 hours.



You can see how I'm doing by clicking here or use the Tracker/Records tab at the top of the post.

3 comments:

  1. A whole year already?!
    How nice that you were able to get together with family members like that. I'm sure it was a help to all of you to be together.
    I hope John's procedure goes smoothly tomorrow, and you get the news you are hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well today, and yes the time does go fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trusting all is well.

    My own mother died about and 1/2 years ago. I still think about calling her. A few weeks ago when I had an allergic reaction to that nasty med, I REALLY wanted to talk to her. Somehow no one else fills the void of talking about such things as Mom!

    ReplyDelete