Wednesday, January 16, 2013

REAL ESTATE AND OTHER THINGS


12 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

3/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.


Today we went into Whitianga, that's what we call going into town. John needed to give blood for a test prior to him having an angioplasty on his leg on 29th. I went to a 'weight loss' cum personla trainer. Lyn is really a nurse attached to Te Korowai and runs a free health clinic thing. My Dr. suggested I go because it might help me with motivation to get over the current stall in weight loss and also help me establish a healthy exercise routine. We talked for over an hour and it could have been much longer. I decided to enrol with her, no cost, and see her once a week until we go away in 7 weeks. I will see her again next Tuesday or maybe change it to Monday since I already have to go into town on Monday.

She has suggested a couple of tweaks. Nothing that is really different but enough to give me something of a goal for this coming week. My BP was a bit higher than it should be so I am going to re-start the Accupril 5mg a day until I've lost another 5 kg or definitely feel it's not good for me.

I had to leave before we had really finished because I had an appointment with a Real Estate Agent. This lady is one of the three that we have asked to do an appraisal and set out how she would market Mum's house. I was impressed with her and personality-wise would employ her without worrying about anyone else but there are other people to consider and in the long run her company may not be the best one. I am hoping that all these preliminaries will be completed and the family will have come to agreement so that we can be all signed up by Feb 7th. We spent an hour and a half talking so my day was disappearing.

Grocery shopping was next on the order of the day and we came home and unpacked. In the meantime we had decided to treat ourselves to dinner out.

We've just come home from the local restaurant at the Dunes Resort. Just as well we don't do that too often. I had panfried gurnard with fries and salad. I only ate a few fries, and even after John had pinched some, more than half were still on my plate. John had whitebait fritters with fries and salad. They were not very big meals so a dessert was in order, I had mango and passionfruit sorbet with blueberry sauce. John had a chocolate icecream sundae. He also had a beer and I had a glass of pinot gris. It was all quite nice but really I think our home-cooked meals are mostly better and more satisfying. It was nice to sit back and be waited on. I'm thinking it would be nice to budget for a restaurant dinner once a month but then would we really enjoy it as much.

We are now back home and I feel quite sleepy. It is cool tonight so I should sleep well. The last few nights it has been 1 am before I could sleep as I was just too warm.

Tomorrow I implement my updated plan and see if I can't get rid of at least one kilogram of excess weight this week. Did anyone else notice that we only have 7 weeks left before we begin our month plus some of travelling. I want to be walking/hiking fit before we leave. it's plenty of time but only if I get myself moving without any further dilly dallying around.

I'm properly over my nasty cold now so there can be no acceptable excuses.

HOW DID I DO? .......

Not counting anything today. It's not that I went over the top so much as it is complicated to work out.



Breakfast:- Coffee and cream

Lunch: None

Dinner:- Panfied fish, sald, a few fries. Sorbet. Glass of pinot gris

Snacks:- Olives, sundried tomato, salami

Drinks:- Water x 4
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 2
Cream coffee x 2
White wine x 1 glass

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

January Total = 5.5/140 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed officially. Accuretic becomes Accupril.
12th January, 2013 ..... another med change by self. I only take Accupril occasionally if at all. Still on Plendil 2.5mg until BP checked

Start weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb
1st January:- 87.5/192.5 lbs

2013 Weight Loss History Starting at 87.5 kg/195.5 lbs
January:-


2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- + 1.5 kg/3 lbs

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering what gurnard was. I assumed some type of fish and saw I was right when looking at your daily recap of what you ate.

    How nice to be doing a trip countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the house sale is moving along. I'm glad you're going to choose one RE agent rather than the multiple agent route. The latter sounds rather desperate to perspective buyers, I think.

    What kind of tweeds to your eating? Curious.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome about the PT, hope you get something out of it :), dinner once a month would be really nice, I don't think you would get sick of it, just enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete