Tuesday, January 1, 2013

ONE DAY AT A TIME



12 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

0/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers .  Wishing you a Happy new Year with loads of fun and adventure.

It's never too late to change your life for better.




MY TARGET RATIO TO MAINTAIN NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS

1150 Calories 
95. 5 gm fat (75%) = 858 cal.
57 gm protein (20%) = 228 cal.
14.5 gm carbohydrates (5%) = 58 cal.



I don't plan to be perfect. If I am close more than 50% of the time I will be happy.


THOUGHTS .......

The first thing I read on this auspicious morning, January 1st, 2013,  reminded me that we can only live one day at a time.

For many years I have tried to live this way. I believe in the wisdom of the Bible. In Matthew 6:34 it is written this way.

 Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

The article I read is worth a good look. The writer has wisdom and common sense. I want to remember this post every day.

What great thoughts to begin a New Year with. No fashionable resolutions. No following the crowd with promises to self that cannot last. Instead a simple decision to set some goals and record progress, keeping it as simple as possible. Baby Steps. I've heard that so many times. Cammy at the Tippy Toe Diet first alerted me to being successful by making small changes I also have a book called Elegant Choices by Marsha Sinetar . Strangely, I have never been able to read the whole book. I suspect the writer has a different spiritual bent, but within the first few chapters I got the idea.

Do not try to make everything right all in one go. Do not try to implement changes which will improve your life experience all at once. Do not try to be perfect. For me an elegant choice can be as simple as a pretty bunch of wildflowers in a nicely shaped jar. I am an all or nothing person. It has taken time, tears and life experience to bring me to a place where I can begin to accept life as it is.

I have battled depression, post trauma syndrome and many situations I found stressful. I recall telling a friend I wanted the world to stop turning so I could jump off. I was serious. That was more than twenty years ago but it's a feeling I have experienced many times at different stages of my life.

Blogging has helped me to live one day at a time. I have my daily targets in place for things I want to achieve on any single day and I work toward them. It's a little bit like list making. All good motivators and most successful people recommend that you make a To-Do list and prioritise, being willing to adjust priorities but making sure the most important things get done and are not pushed out by the urgent.

Goals are like the vision. Without a vision people perish. Daily target setting is how we achieve those goals. No-one hits the bull's eye one hundred percent of the time but practice makes us better and wild shots become rare.

I am a scatter-brain. There is so much going on I am easily distracted. I am also a procrastinator. Why do anything today that can be done tomorrow? I am a free spirit. I dislike intensely anything that looks like discipline. I love being spontaneous and going with the flow.

It took many years to accept, that to have the kind of freedom required to live with spontaneity, I needed to be undergirded with discipline.

Can I say again that for me, this article rings-in 2013 with beautiful clear bells.

No resolution making. I will continue to set goals for myself on a daily basis and watch as day after day a pattern forms which moves me toward the vision of life well lived with inner joy and contentment. This blog is my best tool.

TODAY'S NOTE TO SELF ....... Take it easy on the exercise today. I busted my left knee yesterday. Not a broken bone or anything like that but Pain. I so enjoyed my session on my cross-trainer. I felt as though I could go on forever. I hardly broke into a sweat although I was working at the same rate as when I last climbed on the beast a month ago. I was boasting to myself that I had lost little of my stamina and fitness. I was delighted that I was not back on square one struggling to maintain 5 minutes at a very leisurely stroll. I was looking forward to starting the new year well, with regular sessions. For the first time in many months we have a month clear of commitments away from home. I am looking forward to 31 + days with few distractions to draw me away from my daily targets.

After I finished on the cross-trainer I did nothing unusual. At one point the phone rang and pain shot through my knee as I tried to stand. Did I twist it? I really do not know but it was excruciatingly painful to bend or put weight on for the remainder of the day. I woke up several times through the night with my knee aching inspite of taking painkillers. Last night I did try to wrap my knee in a hot towel. That might have helped a little. I'm pleased to say it's not quite as painful to move around today but it looks as though rest is ordered. I do not have knee problems. This is the first time I recall having this particular pain so I do not want to exacerbate it.

Life, in the form of a stressed knee has got in the way. What a lesson in living one day at a time!

REPORTING BACK .......

We went grocery shopping and had lunch with Jane and Greg. I discovered there is some scheming going on to keep the Beach House, Mum's house in the family. I spent some time doing the numbers and preparing myself to discuss this with my sister and brother. In essence they have come up with a scheme to buy time. My guess is that my sister will not go along with it. I have a date booked with them next Sunday so It's my job to put the proposal together into a workable form and sell it to them. I am a very poor salesperson but I will make up for it with enthusiasm tempered with caution.


HOW DID I DO? .......

Fats = 59.4 %
Proteins = 28.9 %
Carbs = 11/7 %
Total calories for day = 1120

My ratios are a bit out. No exercise although I did go up and down the stairs at Mum's a few times. My knee is not quite right but not too bad either so hopefully I can climb back on the cross-trainer tomorrow.

Lunch: Rotisserie chicken and salad.

Dinner:- Rump steak, beef, with small potato and garlic butter. Strawberries and cream.

Snacks:- Dark chocolate, almonds

Drinks:- Water x 2
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 2
Cream coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

January Total = 0/140 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am


1st November:- 86 kg/189 lb
1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb
1st January:- 87.5/192.5 lbs

Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- + 1.5 kg/3 lbs

2013 Weight Loss History Start weight 87.5 kg/192,5 lbs
January:-

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a lot of good things! Goals...Accomplishments ...small steps forward...Spiritual Guidance. Those are the positive things that will lead to success in life. Your willingness to share your own thoughts and life have a positive impact on many other people. Thank you again, and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That article by Dana was good, with some good tips. Thanks for the link.
    I hope your knee continues to improve!
    Wow, 58.5 lbs down in 2012... that is wonderful! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small steps.... thats the way we need to go, then it will happen, listen to our head and body. Have an awesome 2nd day of 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that link!! Great stuff there, I will read it again later to absorb more of what she says.

    Sorry about your knee - don't forget if you are around I'm happy to visit or you can visit us, just email me or leave a message on my blog. I check my messages a few times during the day. We are off to Whitianga tomorrow for awhile but that could be a good day to catch up if you are free.

    Enjoy your day and the weather while it lasts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, a few years ago, I started making resolutions--and meaning it. :D The meaning it part is crucial.

    It has really helped me. As I was contemplating this year's resolutions, it occurred to me that some things no longer needed to be on that list--because they have become habit. I was pretty pleased with that.

    Sometime earlier this year, I found an old list of "goals" I needed to accomplish to attain freedom. That was the title, goals to Achieve Freedom. It was a list about 20 years old. Some things, I"ve done--like my house is orderly and clutter-free, my laundry is caught up almost always, I read my Bible daily. But some things still remain. Like losing weight. And keeping a decent bed/wake time. those two tings will be on this year's list.

    Whether we call the goals or resolutions, you are absolutely right--they allow us to live in freedom.

    And thanks for the link. I followed the blog.

    Deb

    P.S. Thanks for the kind words on my new blog. :D

    ReplyDelete