Monday, January 21, 2013

GARDEN AWAITS TLC ... NOT HAPPENING TODAY


12 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

7/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

I am 73 years old and working at being in nutritional ketosis á la Jimmy Moore of Livin La Vida fame.

It's never too late to change your life for better.




MY TARGET RATIO TO MAINTAIN NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS

1150 Calories 
95. 5 gm fat (75%) = 858 cal.
57 gm protein (20%) = 228 cal.
14.5 gm carbohydrates (5%) = 58 cal.



I don't plan to be perfect. If I am close 5 out of 7 days I will be happy.

THINKING OUT LOUD .....

I feel a little despondent today. My weight has stayed exactly the same all week. I'm happy with the way I'm eating but not with the stalled weightloss. I am wondering why I continue to work at losing weight. I feel comfortable. I can move around with reasonable ease. I can manage longer days and full days better than 12 months ago. I am so much healthier than I was.

I still have scalp and itchy skin problems. I am still fat with more than 20 kg/44 lbs to lose to be close to optimal weight. Currently I am taking a bucket load of painkillers for neuralgia and the Bells Palsy remains a nuisance. I'm going to take an extra supplement. Vitamin B1 is supposed to help heal nerves and myelin. It's worth trying. I'm not sure whether  have a bad tooth or something else triggering the neuralgia. Time will tell. I have an appointment with my dentist in 3 weeks.

We met with a Real Estate Agent today. The same one that drove me nuts before Christmas. Tomorrow they are showing several houses to a Canadian. We have several Snowbirds who own property on our beach. Be interesting to get their feed-back.

HOW DID I DO? .......

Sunday
15 minutes cross-trainer
Fats = 75 %
Proteins = 18 %
Carbs = 7 %
Total calories for day = 1133
Monday

15 minutes cross-trainer
Fats = 64 %
Proteins = 21 %
Carbs = 15 %
Total calories for day = 1738 This is a guestimate and probably an overestimate. It certainly does not feel as though I have eaten this much.




Breakfast:- Coffee and cream

Lunch: Caesar salad without croutons. Almond biscuit, cappuccino 1 tsp sugar

Dinner:- Pork chop, bean and broccoli salad, cherry tomato. Chi sweetened with stevia and tonic water

Snacks:- rice crackers and brie, almonds, dried fig

Drinks:- Water x 2
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 0
Cream coffee x 2
Chi and tonic water x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes* Not Speedy Gonzales but I'm doing it.

15 min = 3 km (Sunday)
+ 15 min = 3.25 km (Monday)

January Total = 18.25/140 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed officially. Accuretic becomes Accupril.
12th January, 2013 ..... another med change by self. I only take Accupril occasionally if at all. Still on Plendil 2.5mg until BP checked

Start weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb
1st January:- 87.5/192.5 lbs

2013 Weight Loss History Starting at 87.5 kg/195.5 lbs
January:-


2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- + 1.5 kg/3 lbs

5 comments:

  1. After reading this I thought - why not enjoy your loss and concentrate for awhile on maintaining. Really, life is not about the number we can achieve but about how we live. My weight decided to stop right where it is and that is OK - you've done so well, enjoy where you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Lynda, enjoy where you are and you never know it might just start going down again the scales I mean :), Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree.......I have been at the same weight (give or take a few hundred grams) since last August. I just enjoy where I am and firmly believe that when my body has healed enough it will shed any remaining weight I may have to lose. Medication plays havoc with our bodies as it helps in some ways but can have other negative effects as side effects in other ways. I focus more on my state of health than on any number on the scales........Shucks if I didn't I'd be a basket case with no loss showing for months on end!! LOL Be kind to yourself and enjoy where you are otherwise you could end up feeling more and more how you do today and that's not what life is all about.
    Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a flower garden but never had much luck except for a few plants. One of them being begonias which look like you have ringing your flowerbed. It the Spring when I see plants out for sale I get a wee bit nostalgia of thinking about Spring planting. But certainly that is not an option with the fulltime RV lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Hope your feeling better now. I'm going to get most of my dental work done in Mexico, when we go down to Arizona in about a month. Decided that I could not afford what my dentist here would charge. You're a little far away for that, but it should be interesting. I'd be interested in how your dentist cares for you. Enjoy your life, Margie Anne. Thank you for sharing. Good gardening to you. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete