Wednesday, January 2, 2013

BUILDING LITTLE BY LITTLE, PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT


12 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

0/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.




MY TARGET RATIO TO MAINTAIN NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS

1150 Calories 
95. 5 gm fat (75%) = 858 cal.
57 gm protein (20%) = 228 cal.
14.5 gm carbohydrates (5%) = 58 cal.



I don't plan to be perfect. If I am close 5 out of 7 days I will be happy.

THOUGHTS .......

I wrote this after reading this post on CarbSmart.com

In the interest of living one day at a time I am looking more closely at where I am going.

The most important thing to me right now is to live life well. Isn't that what we all want?

A life well lived is filled with love, joy and peace and contentment. These are spiritual values, not dependent on circumstances.

For me, it is important to keep improving my health through weight loss and activity. Those two things I can control and hopefully in doing so issues around age and health will be minimised. If I ignore this aspect I will not have the energy, stamina or mental strength to live life well.

The most important aspect, crucial to general well-being, is spiritual. We are body mind and spirit. Neglect any one at your peril. There was a time when I went to church twice on Sunday and was involved in weekday meetings and activities. My social life revolved around the Church and my Christian friends. There was nothing religious about this. I had lots of fun and felt fulfilled in many ways. This all changed, slowly but insidiously, after John retired in 2001, and more so during the last few years of Mum's life. It is time to rebuild and it will look very different from what it used to be.

My lifestyle is different now. I cannot walk to church, too far. I cannot drive myself to church as my eyesight has been badly impacted by Bell's Palsy and there are times when I feel I would an unsafe driver on our roads. I could initiate a small home group in our little village but I have never made an effort to become part of this community. Perhaps I should make that a priority this year. I am a person who needs fellowship so that needs to be addressed.

More than fellowship with others and re-building my church life is the need to establish a healthy, personal worship time. For the last goodness knows how many years I have survived on occasional meetings, my memory and general knowledge of the Bible, and a low key practice of living in the Presence of God like Brother Lawrence. Without a daily "Quiet Time," including regular reading of the Bible, I run the risk of becoming dry, empty and cold.

I have my food and exercise stuff in reasonable order but my spiritual life not so much. It is beginning to look as though I need to top my list of lifestyle goals/changes with deepening my spiritual walk.

Goal 1. Spiritual. How? ..... Bible reading. I can read or listen on line if my eyes are bothering me. I use Bible Gateway where there is a reading plan to compliment my random, spirit led, inspirational reading.

Goal 2. Be involved in Community. How? ..... There may not be daily interaction but my mindset must change from avoidance to some kind of commitment. I am considering joining the local Gardening Circle who meet monthly.

Goal 3. Health. How? ..... Blog because that's where I sort myself out and keep track of my health and fitness targets. If I need to ramp up anything it is exercise but I'm not going to get knotted up and make impossible demands on myself.

Each day begins with a new, clean slate with no recrimination for past failure.

The article suggests aiming for a moderate level of compliance in the beginning and increase the level as you adjust. This is the way I have worked toward achieving for many years. Twenty years or so ago I was shown a trick that helped me begin to deal with my all or nothing mind-set.

Take a straight line and number 1- 7 evenly along it. Choose the habit you want to change or develop. At the start of the week decide how many days you are able to comply. It might be as low as 1 or if it is something like doing the dishes every night after dinner, or making your bed before 9 am every day, you might think you can achieve success 5 out of 7 days. For people struggling with depression, procrastination or other health issues this kind of goal setting becomes achievable and takes the strain, stress and striving out of the most difficult tasks. Voilá success!

I could do with applying this method to laughing everyday. How much would that change my life!

Now to implement a way to record my daily commitment. The writer of the article says this:-


Commit Daily.
(i.e. Each day commit to taking the measures necessary to reach those 3 goals for 24 hours only –
Today.
Recommit each morning. Every morning. Wake up. Go pee. Then hunker down with your winning, achieving self and recommit to your daily goals for this new 24 hour period. Now achieve them. You can do it. We can do it.)


For the month of January I commit to following these guidelines. Oh dear! My Blog is looking like a series of lists. I hope it isn't too off-putting. This is how it will be for the next 30 days.

REPORTING BACK .......

Spent a great time visiting Lynda and her husband. The time flew.Three  hours went in a flash.

Suddenly I am sick. Sore throat, ear ache and chilled. Going to bed. I think I have an infected tooth. Bother.

HOW DID I DO? .......

It's been a good day but too difficult to calculate percentages etc.

Breakfast:- Coffee and cream

Lunch: steak and salad

Dinner:- Mixed platter

Snacks:- Nibbles of cheese etc which Lynda had thoughtfully prepared.

Drinks:- Water x 2
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 1
Cream coffee x 2
Glass diet drinks x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes/no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no* Knee did not like it one bit so decided not to push it.

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

January Total = 0/140 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am


1st November:- 86 kg/189 lb
1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb
1st January:- 87.5/192.5 lbs

Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- + 1.5 kg/3 lbs

2013 Weight Loss History Start weight 87.5 kg/192,5 lbs
January:-

PHOTO

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you and your man today :) Thanks for the visit. I hope you feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie Anne, your blog post today is really excellent, and touches me right in the heart. You have grasped and written about many of the same things that have been going through my mind lately! I think you demonstrate in your life an openness and commitment that is worth examining by others. I so appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts with us. Donna and I are looking forward to this new year in many ways. Renewing our spiritual side is one of our top priorities. Donna grew up as a "pastor's kid" in church. I grew up in the Nazarene church. We were always closely involved in our local Assembly of God church during the years our kids were growing up, and helped get a school started in the church and our kids attended there for several years. Our daughter was one of the first graduates from the school there. Donna's brother is a retired minister who we admire a great deal. We've been "hurt" by "churches" over the years, and have drawn away. Have not been able to find exactly what we needed in our own spiritual life, but feel a need to strengthen that area of our lives. Your blog post today was very timely for me. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post!
    "We are body mind and spirit. Neglect any one at your peril." As so many are evaluating their lives and goals at the beginning of a new year, this is a good word to heed. I made my own "list" yesterday, and I think the Lord is drawing many to come closer and renew that first love.
    Love your balanced approach.
    I hope you feel better fast!

    ReplyDelete