Friday, January 11, 2013

AM I GETTING BETTER??? I HOPE SO!


12 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

3/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.


Still feeling yukky. It's been good to stay home and do NOTHING.

I'm not even beginning to attempt to stay with my ketogenic diet. The lozenges and stuff I am taking have too much sugar. I should have sourced some sugar free stuff but then I don't get colds or flu very often so not much point in being stocked up on stuff I'm unlikely to use. Apart from the yukkiness and a cough I don't feel too bad. I have avoided going to a doctor because I really would like to get over this without resorting to antibiotics but if I'm not well on Monday I will accept that my immune system is not doing this without a lot more help.

Call me a coward but I am avoiding my doctor. Right before Christmas I got a call to come in immediately to address my high cholesterol. This was not unexpected as it takes time for cholesterol to settle to a pattern when you begin to eat a higher fat diet. I am also pretty certain that they have no idea how to interpret cholesterol according to the research I have been following and will insist on me taking a statin. I know it's my choice but I am not up to refusing medication they advise at present. As it is we have two lots of medication for statins which need to be disposed of safely. I must remember to take them to the pharmacist as I believe they will do this. I do need to get a Blood Pressure reading done soon. I've reduced my meds again without checking what is happening and feel so much better in spite of this stinking cold.

I feel well enough to try out a short session on the cross-trainer again today. It will do me good. I'm thinking I should do two or even three short sessions because I'm not doing anything else. My garden is beginning to need some love but not going there today. So that's a lot of things I'm not doing so what am I doing? My usual Blog reading, listening to podcasts and audio bible are what fill my day.

I have decided how we should market Mum's house, the beach house right on the sea, that is in a family trust which four families will benefit from. I'm waiting to hear from my brother who should contact me in the next 48 hours and hopefully we will all be in agreement and we can get on with the business of listing and selling. It's not been easy getting to this point and what we decide is important as it could make a difference of tens of thousands of dollars to each family in how we go about selling. It's been an emotional roller coaster to this point, not helped by the knowledge that we are selling in a difficult market which could be extremely buoyant in a couple of years time.

I look at all the stuff I have going on repeatedly in each page I post and think I should clean it up. Then I remember this is My Tracker too and it all means something to me and helps keep me inspired day after day. Sorry it looks pretty uninteresting but this is for me first and foremost.



Breakfast:- Coffee and cream

Lunch: Cold lamb chop with salad

Dinner:- Mince Beef stew.

Snacks:- Fig, almonds, chocolate fat bomb I wish I had some icecream!!!! Time to make some diet jelly, (jello).

Drinks:- Water x 4
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 0
Cream coffee x 2
Diet Ginger beer

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes/no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes* 10 minutes slow pace, no sweat.

10 minutes cross-trainer = 2 km

January Total = 5.5/140 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.



Start weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb
31st January:- 87.5/192.5 lbs

2013 Weight Loss History Starting at 87.5 kg/195.5 lbs
January:-


2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- + 1.5 kg/3 lbs

3 comments:

  1. I wish we could win lotto, then we could buy the house and have holidays there.... dreaming agin :) - hope you are feeling better by Monday and yes the chemist will take the meds back we just dropped off I don't know how many hundreds of meds back last week lol. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've made your decision. It's all of the deciding that's so hard, I think. Keeps the whole ting open in your mind. Once it's done, you'll be able to grieve the losses, rejoice in the new benefits, and move on with happy memories in tow. No more poking a stick in the open wound, you know?

    The flu. I got it right after New Year;s Day. I'm still feeling a bit washed out even tho most symptoms are gone. (I still have some sloppy sinus going on.) I think I spent 3 or 4 days basically just moving fomr bed to recliner to couch, dozing. Blech. It's just draining.

    Once I began to tell I was getting better, it was continual improvement. But sllooooowwww.

    Strength to yo.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope you're feeling better soon. Glad to hear that you're making some progress on deciding what to do with the beach house. Those are always difficult decisions, and they're never easy. Sorry you're feeling poorly right now, but we're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete