Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NOTHING MUCH


12 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

7/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

I am 73 years old and working at being in nutritional ketosis á la Jimmy Moore of Livin La Vida fame.

It's never too late to change your life for better.




MY TARGET RATIO TO MAINTAIN NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS

1150 Calories 
95. 5 gm fat (75%) = 858 cal.
57 gm protein (20%) = 228 cal.
14.5 gm carbohydrates (5%) = 58 cal.



I don't plan to be perfect. If I am close 5 out of 7 days I will be happy.

THOUGHTS .......

What happened to today?
I feel as though I achieved nothing.
 I feel as though I did zilch.
I feel as though I've been doing something all day.
I'm tired.
I need a good night's sleep.

HOW DID I DO? .......

Apart from doing nothing it's OK
0 minutes cross-trainer
Fats = 74 %
Proteins = 18%
Carbs = 8 %
Total calories for day = 1154



Breakfast:- Coffee and cream

Lunch: Left-over steak and bean salad

Dinner:- Herb omelet with bacon and extra olive oil

Snacks:- Feta spread with cucumber

Drinks:- Water x 5
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 0
Cream coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? min = ? km

January Total = 18.25/140 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed officially. Accuretic becomes Accupril.
12th January, 2013 ..... another med change by self. I only take Accupril occasionally if at all. Still on Plendil 2.5mg until BP checked

Start weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb
1st January:- 87.5/192.5 lbs

2013 Weight Loss History Starting at 87.5 kg/195.5 lbs
January:-


2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- + 1.5 kg/3 lbs

4 comments:

  1. That breakfast needs to improve! It's the most important meal of the day, you need more than coffee!!!!! Get some protein in that precious body. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You eat pretty much as I do! I usually have coffee and cream for breakfast and don't have a proper meal till lunchtime - I really don't feel like eating in the morning, or more truthfully, I never feel like cooking in the morning. But I am ready for an early lunch. We are pretty much of an age - I am fast closing in on 70! As you say, it's never too late to change for the better.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me three! Never did enjoy a big breakfast. But cream in my coffee is very satiating til lunch.

    And I've read a lot of places that it's a myth that insists everyone needs a big breakfast (not talking about those who need to eat at a regular time for medical reasons). Just 2 days ago I read a post where he was talking about the "advantage" of not eating til later, if ones goal is fat loss, because it extends the natural "fast" of not eating all night. Hence, the break-fast is simply later, and allows a longer time for blood sugars to settle down and let the glucose in the body be all used up, allowing for fat burning. (wow, that was sure a run-on sentence). Anyway, I found it interesting, and if nothing else, I felt better about not cramming food in my mouth when not hungry first thing in the morning, LOL!!

    Hope you get a nice nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! It's so good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks 'breakfast' is not essential. Even when I was having a so-called proper breakfast I liked to get a head start on the days chores first. In the long ago days when I was young, fit and slim, my first food of the day came at morning break at work. Now I am learning to understand and accept the way my body works I eat when I'm hungry most of the time and if I'm hungry earlier in the day I'll eat earlier. I tend to believe that breakfast is breakfast whatever time of day you choose to break your fast after sleeping through.

    I do understand June's concern though because coffee and cream looks terrible to anyone who believes Weight Watchers. Unfortunately they never worked for me.

    For many years I had a protein shake/smoothie for breakfast but I went dairy free a while back and somehow it no longer appeals. I'm thinking of having a smoothie sometimes but not until I'm properly ketone adapted, meaning burning fat for energy rather than depending on sugars from carbohydrates. It's beginning to look as though it might take a week or so for this to happen.

    Blessings all.

    ReplyDelete