Thursday, December 6, 2012

WHAT HAPPENED TO HUNGER?

TO PROVE THIS REALLY IS A PORT
see yesterday's photo
AN OIL TANKER ENTERING THE HARBOUR
JOHN WAS A JUNIOR ENGINEER ON A TANKER, ABOUT THIS SIZE, BACK IN 1958
THEY SAILED FROM NEW PLYMOUTH TO INDIA, PERSIAN GULF, INDONESIA\
 AFTER 12 MONTHS HE WAS REPATRIATED FIRST CLASS ON THE RANGITATA 

341 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 28 kg/61.5 lbs

No change in November

Welcome to all readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.


THOUGHTS .......

I was feeling very nervous this morning. Lunch with my sister can be a strange experience because we are on different planets, spiritually speaking. I wasn't too concerned about the food because I know the chef and he is always willing to modify anything on his menu which was just as well because my sister is vegetarian and it took two or three trips between waitress and chef to get something to satisfy her. I'm not counting calories today. Not because I think I am way over, which I probably am, but because it's just too hard to judge. I had 3 king prawns with roasted mushroom and salad which consisted of green leaves, strawberries and a creamy/cheesey dressing. We also had a glass of wine each and a cappuccino. I have chicken out for dinner but don't think I'm hungry enough to eat it.

We had great conversation. Have I learned some sense at last or am I taking the easy route? Would it be love to challenge her beliefs or am I a coward staying silent? Basically it's what she believes against what I believe and never the twain shall meet. I chose to listen and accept what she was saying without disagreeing with her or calling her delusional. I believe that was wisdom. I have no desire to alienate her or cause her to become even less stable. In every other way we are in agreement and enjoy being sisters. It was lovely to spend time with her. I'll see her again tomorrow at the Beach House, (Mum's house), before she goes home.

REPORTING BACK .......

7.30 pm and I'm still not hungry. I had my usual coffee with cream for breakfast. I enjoyed my lunch and don't expect to want anything more to eat before I go to bed, except a small handful of almonds. Those ketones must be beginning to kick in.

I don't plan to be perfect. If I am close more than 50% of the time I will be happy.

Fats = ? %
Proteins = ? %
Carbs = ? %
Total calories for day = ?

HOW DID I DO? .......

10 pm and still not hungry. Only one real meal today. I haven't had a fat bomb nor did I take my cod liver oil this morning so I was off plan. No over-eating too place. Now I'm going to get my almonds and go to bed.

I've just bought a wall unit on TradeMe. After it arrives I'll be able to unpack a few boxes and enjoy displaying some of the treasures from Mum's house. Fortunately we have a family member with a furniture moving business and this works into a scheduled trip for him.

Breakfast:- Coffee and whipped cream

Lunch: King prawns and salad

Dinner:- None

Snacks:- Almonds

Drinks:- Water x 3
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 0
Cream coffee x 2
glass of Merlot

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes/no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 0/160 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am


1st November:- 86 kg/189 lb
1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb

Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC

1 comment:

  1. " I chose to listen and accept what she was saying without disagreeing with her or calling her delusional. I believe that was wisdom."

    In spite of the differing beliefs, I'm glad you got to have a good conversation and lunch with her.

    I thought you'd be encouraged by this: I was listening to some Joyce Meyer teachings recently, and she was talking about how we care about people, and try to "help" them and change them. All with loving motives, mind you. She said it just doesn't work, but encouraged us instead to trust in God's love for them and that HE will answer our prayers to open their eyes and change them, and get through to them in ways we never could.

    Last night my husband told about his latest doctors appointment... not very good news. He was pressured to take statins, and refused, siting MY research about their ineffectiveness and dangerous side effects. But then he goes on to refuse to make the needed dietary changes to improve his health!! I started to point out that he had to make a choice, and DO something... then realized that no, he didn't HAVE to make that choice. His choice was NOT to do something about it. :-(

    Because I love him, I was wanting so very much to "change" him... and had to back off and just ask if there was anything he wanted me to do to help. He said no... end of conversation. And I thought of Joyce Meyer... saying to trust God to change them. To pray, and trust. That shouldn't be so hard... yet I want it NOW. :-}

    All that to say... we are both trusting our faithful God to work for the best in the lives of those we care about. Have prayed for your sister again, and agree with you for her.

    ReplyDelete