Monday, December 3, 2012

SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLE

CHRISTMAS IS COMING READY OR NOT

308 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 28 kg/61.5 lbs

No change in November

Welcome to all readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better


THOUGHTS .......

I've been doing a little thinking and realise I felt really good when I was trialling LCHF at this level.....


1150 calories 
101 gm fat (79%)
46 gm protein (16%)
14.5 gm carbs (5%)


I'm going to do another week and see how it goes. I know it looks a bit low in protein but it was working for me. I can always add more protein in after a week or two if I want or think I need to. The biggest problem is that this is a crazy month to try to stick to a plan. We only have 8 days left before flying south. Already I see many tricky days. Thursday this week is lunch out with my sister. Friday will be lunch in town. 12 days in Christchurch with everyday a challenge of some kind including a full on Christmas Dinner then home in time for Christmas Day with Jane and Greg. Two days of driving and flying not to mention shopping and sightseeing and sending out Christmas cards. 

Tomorrow is my starting day. I don't want to begin with a negative attitude but realistically this is not going to be as disciplined as when I was trialling LCHF.  Days at home will hopefully be close to my targets other days I will do the best I can. If I'm on plan 50% that will have to do. This is a good time to find out how sustainable this way of eating will be for me. I've got a fridge full of spinach and very few root veggies. Our mesculin salad mix in the garden needs picking so that will go with my meals tomorrow.

REPORTING BACK .......

I saw my doctor for a regular check and new prescription. Forgot to check blood pressure but did get blood taken for an update test. I'll pick up the results on Friday.

HOW DID I DO? .......

I've done reasonably well today except that I've not had enough to drink.

Breakfast:- Fast

Lunch: Cafe

Dinner:- Sausage, asparagus, broccoli and carrot. Strawberries and cream.

Snacks:- Dries fig and almonds

Drinks:- Water x 4
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 0
Cappuccino with sugar x 1


Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 0/160 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st October:- 88 kg/193.5 lbs
1st November:- 86 kg/189 lbs

Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs

7 comments:

  1. I love Christmas! We are putting up our twinkle lights tomorrow.

    With such a crazy schedule, a lot of people would throw their hands in the air and just give up. So kudos to you for having a realistic and flexible plan in place before it all begins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... so funny showing my father-in-law's house :) I don't know how they do it every year but they still do. Good to get back to healthy eating but don't worry too much about the numbers. You know what feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muscle is a terrible thing to waste on the road to a better waist. Just sayin'. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a good time for anyone to try to loose the pounds. Good for you for trying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re the Robot on my website - I have been getting loads of spam today - hopefully it will stop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a great job of keeping an eye on your health. I had a doctor's app't today, too with a new doctor and am VERY happy with her. The tech who took my blood pressure said it was "good" at 104/70. The techs don't seem to realize that too low is NOT GOOD! :-)

    ReplyDelete