Saturday, December 1, 2012

NOVEMBER MAINTENANCE


DECK GARDEN AND STRAWBERRIES THIS AFTERNOON

TWO MONTHS AGO

THE BEGINNING OF OUR DECK GARDEN IN EARLY SEPTEMBER

336 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

0/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY IN DECEMBER


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 28 kg/61.5 lbs

No change in November

Welcome to all readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.


THOUGHTS .......

I'm back on the straight and narrow .....maybe!

Today is John's 77th Birthday. We had dinner out last night with our daughter and Rotorua son. Greg came up on his motor-bike. It has a side-car which enables him to ride it in spite of being a paraplegic. He has adapted it to all hand controls and uses velcro to keep his feet on the pedals just to be sure they are safe.  The first time he saw him do this I freaked out but I'm so delighted he can do something he loves I don't say anything, much.

For some reason I'm terribly tired and had a nanna nap this afternoon. My eating is not planned but I'm not doing anything unusual for me. I'm disappointed that I let things go a bit after our trip to New Plymouth and so end the month exactly where I began, weight wise. I manage well on the months when we have no big adventures. Somehow I have to learn how to manage when away from home for more than a few hours. in 10 days we are heading off to Christchurch for 12 days. That will be a challenge.

In the meantime I am going to do what? Weigh and count? I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm not overeating and that is the main thing. I could be eating too many carbs some days. I like to stay moderately high protein and I enjoy my veggies. I'm not so sure about the high fat though.

I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday. I don't think there is anything new but I need to renew my medication and I will get my blood pressure checked. Maybe it would be a good idea to fast so I can have blood tests done while I'm there.


REPORTING BACK .......

When we are in town on Monday we should buy some bird netting to protect the strawberries for the humans. For the last month we've been picking on average about 12 large strawberries each week. Until the last few days that is, The birds have finally discovered them and eat the berries before they even colour up enough to pick. I'd like to let the birds have their fill but our crop is too small to share.

HOW DID I DO? .......

Apart from the wind and not going outside to finish what I have begun in the garden it's been a fairly good day.

Breakfast:- Left-over mince beef stew from last night's tea with various veggies in it.

Lunch: Camembert, gherkin, dried fig and almonds.

Dinner:- Omelet  with bacon, onion and cheese. Icecream

Snacks:- Almonds and piece of dark chocolate

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 3
Cream coffee x 3

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 0/160 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st November:- 86 kg/189 lbs
1st December:- 86 kg/189 lbs

Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- 0 change I guess that's better than a gain.

5 comments:

  1. The garden is looking great! Keep those birds off though :)

    Don't stress about the weight, the main thing is to not gain weight back. The rest will follow, more weight will come off when you get back into it. Not sure about the icecream :) Was it a low carb one? Did you know that if you whiz up frozen raspberries and cream it turns into instant raspberry icecream?

    We wandered along the beach yesterday to see the 'new' house by your mothers... oh dear oh dear. How could the council allow that? So far out in front!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting used to the new house next door but it does make us sad. We are all a little concerned that it could devalue Mum's property which we are trying to sell.

    I've been eating the occasional icecream lately but it's not regularly. and guess what? I had a craving for carbs this morning.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it does not affect the price of your Mum's home. It just seems so unfair that they were allowed to build like that. So the carb craving was from having ice-cream? I know carbs make you crave more. Oh well, we are allowed an icecream from time to time and you are not diabetic or pre-diabetic so enjoy life a little too :)

      Delete
  3. Hey. I left a note for you on my blog. three notes, to be exact--but I'm referring to the last one here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your deck garden, that's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete