Monday, December 31, 2012

366 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

WORK IN PROGRESS


PHEW! 

I MADE IT TO THE END OF THE YEAR


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs


Welcome to all readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

I should be happy with my weight loss result but ..... I have not lost any significant weight since August.

I need to work smarter if I want to reach my goal weight.

REFLECTIONS .....

I'm not going to pretend it's been an easy year. It began with a cloud over our heads. Two clouds in fact. My mother was clearly in failing health and at 96 we could not expect to have her with us forever. Mum died on January 28th. Our eldest son was on bail waiting the court hearing which would pronounce his prison sentence. February proved to be one of the most stress filled periods of my whole life and I got Bell's Palsy which remains a distraction and a nuisance.


We have fitted in 3 trips to Christchurch, various medical related trips to Hamilton and Thames which were often extended with visiting our son in Rotorua and a wonderful week in New Plymouth. 



MY LITTLE FLOWER FARDEN

We have adjusted to no longer having Mum to consider at every turn and enjoying a kind of freedom we haven't had in a long time. I am more and more able to call this house we live in at Matarangi, "Home." We seem to have greater financial freedom although that could be an illusion. 


LETTUCE, RED CABBAGE, BROCCOLI AND HERBS

We are working toward selling Mum's house. This is proving to be more upsetting than I expected. I thought I had accepted and chosen this would be necessary long ago. 


STANDING ON THE BEACH IN JUNE 2012

Mum's house is in a family trust and all my inheritance is tied up in this trust as is my sisters, and a considerable portion of my brother's and their children's inheritance. Letting it go is  emotional. For many of us this Beach house, where Mum lived for the last 12 years of her life, is the nearest to a permanent family place we have. My parents bought the property in 1955 and built a classic New Zealand bach on it. From that time I spent more time there than at my parents regular home as I went to boarding school and then left home to work and eventually marry. My children and all the other children of their generation spent large chunks of their school holidays there. It is a place of family gatherings and special memories. There will never be another place where family can gather in a similar way. Selling it is more than the end of an era. It is like saying goodbye to extended family gatherings and so much more. It's the intangibles that we lose and will never recover. 


DORRIAN FAMILY'S ORIGINAL KIWI BACH 1955 ON SIMPSONS BEACH
I am trying to pragmatic. Suddenly I find my emotions trying to over-ride sensible decisions. I keep running various scenarios through my mind. Win Lotto, Buy the house. Find a way of going into partnership. Buy the house and run a B & B to cover the mortgage. There are many options but either they are fantasy or impractical. I will be glad when a buyer comes and we can put all this behind us and get on with building our new lives with whatever we have left.

Personally I am very tempted to find a way to buy the house do B & B to cover costs but it would be a lot of work and while I am willing to make that sacrifice, John is not. I need to be sensible. I need to focus on God and his provision which is excellent. He is all I need. I do not need this beach house. God is giving me freedom. 


I MAY NEVER WAKE TO THIS VIEW AGAIN -
BUT THERE WILL BE OTHER WONDERFUL, AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL PLACES

The freedom includes travel. 

2013 includes a possible 4 trips to Christchurch, a month in Hawaii, visits to Rotorua, New Plymouth and much more. We plan to get the Old Purple Bus on the road and looking good again. We can travel all around New Zealand at our leisure once we have our house on wheels sorted. Who knows what adventures lie ahead.




TARGET RATIO

1150 Calories 
95. 5 gm fat (75%) = 858 cal.
57 gm protein (20%) = 228 cal.
14.5 gm carbohydrates (5%) = 58 ca


I don't plan to be perfect. If I am close more than 50% of the time I will be happy.

HOW DID I DO? .......

30 minutes cross-trainer
Fats = 83.4 %
Proteins = 7.7 %
Carbs = 8.9 %
Total calories for day = 1024
 + glass red wine 126 = 1150

Breakfast:- Coffee with cream

Lunch: Frittata

Dinner:- Frittata and lettuce with balsamic and olive oil dressing

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 4
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 0
Cream coffee x 2
glass red wine x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes/no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

31 minutes cross-trainer = 7 km

December Total:- 7 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st December:- 86 kg/189 lb
31st December:- 87.5 kg/192.5 lbs

Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs




5 comments:

  1. Hi - Happy New Year. I'd love to catch up while we are here, trouble is we go for walks and then swimming and we are just not around!! Please let me know if you'd like to stop by for a cuppa or drink one afternoon and I'll make sure we are here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a touching, heartfelt post. I could almost feel how wrenching it is for you to choose to let go of the house which is SO full of memories, and also the place where family gathers.

    One of my favorite verses in Psalms talks about how God gives consolation... He didn't say He would prevent the loss, but that His consolation would cheer our souls when it did come. I find that so comforting. May the Lord hold you in His arms, and comfort your soul. (Psalms 94:19)
    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard decisions, that's for sure.

    MargieAnne, I'm going to give you some advice. Straight out without the platitudes and flowers, so hold on.

    Let yourself be free. Value the memories the house holds, but do not let the house hold you. It is okay to take a deep breath, let go, walk away--and live life without strings attached. Let yourself be free.

    It's time.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishments this year! You have a goal and you are pressing on! Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY NEW YEAR, I hope you have a wonderful 2013.

    ReplyDelete