Thursday, November 1, 2012

LOVELY VISIT WITH MY SISTER

EARLY MORNING ON SIMPSONS BEACH

306 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

9/15 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 28 kg/61.5 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.



1150 calories 
101 gm fat (79%)
46 gm protein (16%)
14.5 gm carbs (5%)


THOUGHTS .......

I will base my tweaking of macro-nutrients on this article at CarbSmart.

REPORTING BACK .......

It was a busy morning. First I needed to do an emergency tidy-up as my very tidy sister was calling for morning tea. We talked for hours. That was good. I made pikelets (small pancakes) with almond and coconut flour and served them with a dab of jam, whipped cream and fresh strawberry. Not only did I do a bit of tidying but I wrote two letters and got them to the mail box in time, thanks to John. It's now after 2 pm and I really need to get my washing done since we are going away Sunday and the weather is not going to last so no time for reading. Even my cross-trainer is going to sit forlornly today because I need to spend my energy elsewhere, like the garden.

Breakfast and Lunch 525 calorie
Fats = 71.4%
Proteins = 18.6%
Carbohydrates = 10%. 
After Dinner = 956 cal
Fats = 68.6%
Proteins = 22.3%
Carbs = 9.1%
After Snacks and Drinks = 1196 cal
Fats = 71.3%
Proteins = 18.4%
Carbs = 10.3%


HOW DID I DO? .......

Pleased that I did some gardening. Ratios a bit out but I'm now working out a new plan which will still be LCHF


Breakfast:- Pikelets (pancakes, with cream and strawberries

Lunch: Pikelets

Dinner:- Mini meatloaf, lettuce, capsicum, tomato, celery, carrot, balsamic dressing and olive oil. Strawberries and cream.

Snacks:- Piece of dark chocolate

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 4
Cream coffee x 2
Black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no* Gardening

Nearly two hours weeding in the garden and I can hardly move. I see a soak in a hot bath on my agenda tonight. You are fortunate to be too far away to hear my muttering and cursing. The ground is just right too pull out weeds, big and small. The day is perfect to work outside. Neither too hot nor too cold and there's no wind stronger than a very light breeze. So what made me so mad and frustrated. I couldn't see very well today and pulled out at least one plant I had been admiring. I was waiting and looking forward yo seeing the first bud break open in time for our return home at the end of next week. 

I think I need to get a gardener. An efficient person with a little backup from me could look after our garden in a couple of hours every two weeks. Believing that, I have to wonder why I always let the weeds get away and end up digging deep with lots of tugging and grunting to clean up the garden. In my defence this year has been so wet that it's been hard to get enthusiastic until this last week.

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 55.5/60 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st October:- 88 kg/193.5 lbs
1st November:- 86 kg/189 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Whew and hahaha.

    When I clicked on the CarbSmart link and I saw that the article was about restricting protein, a proceeded with great trepidation.

    I thought, "OH, no! MargieAnne is already eating much less protein than I think she should and I've been nagging her about it! Is this article going to reinforce low protein?" arrgh.

    Haha. It is true what I leaned in school--always have people clarify what they mean by relative terms (a lot, few, many) since what may be a lot to one person may be little to another.

    I don't know how much protein these people that the article referred to have been eating, but it must have been A LOT since the restricted amount is about 12 to 16 ounces a day for my height! :o

    My current protein goal, which is a significan INCREASE from my usual eats, is 13 ounces a day--and I'm having a hard time meeting it. So, I guess my feeling that I had been low on protein before and needed to increase it to that 13oz a day mark was right.

    I stand redeemed r/t the nagging. :D

    Although, shaking my head that 16 oz could be a "reduced amount" of protein intake. How much WERE they eating?! :o

    Clearly one person's restriction is another person's increase.

    We'll get it right, girlfriend. Thanks for this article, it will keep my nose to the protein intake grindstone.

    Still smiling.

    Deb

    P.S. Oh! Thanks for this article. It mentioned adding gelatin to one's diet. I bought some a few months ago and was just thinking yesterday that I needed to use it. :) Now I know why...and will. God is good.

    ReplyDelete