Saturday, November 3, 2012

GETTING READY FOR A WEEK AWAY



308 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

3/20 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 28 kg/61.5 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

THOUGHTS .......

No more counting for the next week. I began the day with coffee and cream and a teaspoon of cod liver oil. The Arctic brand of cod liver oil is very good. It comes from Norway and has a light lemon flavour. I never thought I'd be able to swallow it without gagging. It went down smoothly without any obnoxious fishy taste. Not even a fishy burp. How times and products have changed, some for the better thank goodness.

REPORTING BACK .......

this Plymouth is similar to the one my Dad had when we got married except that I think  we had a later  model with even more outrageous fins and a different colour.




This reminded me of the car my Grandfather drove during the war years.
Wow it's been quite a day. Things to do at a decent pace for us old folk. Then our daughter Jane sent a text. Would we like to go into town to the display of hot rods show? I had drooled over a few cars yesterday when I saw them arriving in town. We'd gone out to get our haircuts. So I was keen. I thought about what I wanted to do and decided I could manage if we left ASAP and were home again about 2 pm. John is, as usual, well organised, so we went. We had a great time walking around the display admiring the cars and wondering at the work that goes into making them look beautiful and keeping them that way. I hope you enjoy this sample of my photos.

In a different world and in a different time I might have been one of those women with my own funky car. I wonder if I can think up something for our 1985 Mitsubishi Mirage. Everyone was horrified when  I had our old Honda painted purple, (bright lavender).

It was mid-afternoon before we had lunch and rain was threatening. Fortunately I was able to sow some seedlings that were long overdue to go in the ground. The weather cleared enough for me to clear my little flower garden. Some of the weeds were nearly 2 feet high. It's been so good to get out and do things again. I hope I can manage it from now on. There's still heapl to do and I am certainly thinking of getting help as I don't like having to go all out war on major weeds becaus I've been unable to do regular maintenance. This time I'm blaming it on a combination of the difficulties I'm having with ny eyes, (Bells Palsy has a lot to answer for), and the cold wet, windy weather with went on for months.

Between us John and I have been preparing the various ingredients and layers for a large deep dish "frittata," I'll put it together before I go to bed and then I can turn the oven on a bake it first thing in the morning. Done

Right now I'm watching TV. A soak in the bath would be a good thing but I need to go to bed. First though I'd better wash my feet.  I'm filthy from gardening through the light drizzle. I'm also as stiff as can be. I haven't stretched or used so many muscles for a long time. I'll pack in the morning.

HOW DID I DO? .......

Altogether I packed in more than usual and did so successfully. With all that activity there was no time to play with all the geeky numbers I think I'm eating OK and will hopefully maintain this week without trying too hard.


Breakfast:- Cream coffee, cod liver oil.

Lunch: Cheese and herb omelet with tomato

Dinner:- Rump steak + mash of potato, cauliflower and broccoli with cream cheese.

Snacks:- Celery and avocado mashed with lemon juice, pepper and salt. Chocolate, almonds/

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 5
Cream coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

About 2 hours gardening.

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 8/160 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st October:- 88 kg/193.5 lbs
1st November:- 86 kg/189 lbs

Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment