Monday, October 22, 2012

QUIET MONDAY WARNING MANY PHOTOS





VISITOR CENTRE ROTORUA

296 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

THOUGHTS .......

I'm back on board. Our time away was tiring but a good change and I feel better for the break. We continue to have not very good weather with too much wind and some rain. There have been a few lovely sunny calm days but this spring is generally awful. I reckon I can count the number of sunny days in the last 4 to 5 months on my two hands, no feet.

My garden is at least 3 weeks behind where I wanted it to be. I had hoped to be picking tomatoes by New year but the plants are so small it will probably be late February. I need a green house. On the other hand we got it right with the strawberries and are picking one or two everyday with the promise of a decent crop to come. I do wonder why I bother with growing vegetables.

We could be away for at least two weeks in November between cat sitting so Jane, (daughter), can take a holiday and visiting friends in New Plymouth. We will be away 2 weeks in December and this pattern will continue for most of next year except we are talking about a trip overseas which would be at least 6 weeks if not 3 months. We can stay away from NZ for 6 months at a time without compromising our superannuation but I doubt if we can afford to travel for such a long period.

Hopefully we will be able to firm up some of our ideas in the next couple of weeks. I think it's time to make a tentative itinerary for our next foray into North America. Dreams are free our mortgage is not.

I am the exact same weight as when the month began. Is that good? It depends on your point of view. I am pleased that a week away eating what was convenient rather than within our normal routine meant no weight gain. I am unhappy that my weight loss has slowed down to a stall. I can do something about this. I can be a little stricter about not eating any starches. I can watch out for high calorie foods and be more cautious. I can try the ratio that many are finding keeps them in a nutritional ketogenic state. 
It would look something like this ...... 
135 gm fat (79%)
54 gm protein (14%)
27 gm carbs (7%)


It looks good but I'm not sure how to work out the serving sizes to achieve this without hours of messing around. I want to keep it simple with no counting or measuring once I've worked it out. If anyone reading this has some good tips on working out a meal plan along the above lines please leave a comment.

Rotorua.....

We stayed in a four star hotel in Rotorua and it was only OK. There was nothing special about it although I did enjoy a swim in the heated pool one morning and we made use of the spa one night before going to bed. The Kingsgate qualifies as a tourist trap and the restaurant was too expensive for us. Breakfast at $20 each and dinner for $35 each was more than twice as much as we aim for. We missed being able to prepare our normal breakfast as there was no microwave and only a jug to boil water for hot drinks and a small fridge. We managed but it seemed awkward. We bought some yoghurt and a packet of Hubbards gluten free cereal which satisfied but was far too sweet. We ended up having restaurant style lunches which were not cheap. I guess we spent three or four times as much as we normally would on food but we did enjoy our meals. Dinners were at our son's house and he cooked so that was good. He has been wheat free for nearly a week. I did the generous Mummy thing and bought him a stack of groceries to help him along the way.

Rotorua has a reputation for beautiful civic gardens. I guess the volcanic soil helps. I managed to get some photos of and was delighted to capture the colour co-ordinated tulips with other spring flowers.
PURPLE STOCK AND WHITE TULIPS

WHITE STOCK AND PINK TULIPS

OPPOSITE THE VISITOR CENTRE

NON RETAIL END OF FENTON STREET


DELIGHTFUL COTTAGE
CAFE STREET CLOSED TO TRAFFIC

PARK AND LAKE
Our visit with my friend from primary school days went well. It was lovely to catch up. We haven't stayed in their house before as the last time we stayed overnight we had the bus. They run a B&B and Jill has an immaculate home full of interesting things. In my hands it would be a clutter, in Jill's hands it was delightful. How come some people have a knack of displaying things and others do not? I have gone for minimalist because anything more always looks a mess. Jill's garden looks pretty good too, not a weed in sight.


I  ADORE THE DUCKS
LETS GET A CLOSER LOOK


SO CUTE

Today is Labour Day so the last day of a three day weekend and a good day to stay home. The roads around here have too much traffic and too many crazy drivers.

REPORTING BACK .......

I'm happy with how I managed today even if I'm still in my night clothes

Breakfast:- Bacon and left-over cabbage and celery sprinkled with cheese

Lunch: Not hungry. About 3 pm I had half an advocado mashed with lemon, pepper and salt on celery sticks.

Dinner:- Beef sirloin steak with mushrooms and potato and kumera mash flavoured with plain Greek yoghurt and a little grated cheese.

Snacks:- Almonds and figs. Piece of dark chocolate

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 4
Black coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

20 minutes cross-trainer = 4 km

September Total:- 17.5/60 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
1st October:- 88 kg/193.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:-

No comments:

Post a Comment