Tuesday, October 30, 2012

OPTHALMOLOGIST


e=EARLY MORNING ON ROTORUA LAKE

304 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

9/15 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.



1150 calories 
101 gm fat (79%)
46 gm protein (16%)
14.5 gm carbs (5%)


THOUGHTS .......

It's been a very long day or feels as though it has been.

We had an early lunch and hit the road. We were at the Clinic before 2 pm and finally finished by 4.15. I am now on the waiting list to have surgery to pull my lower eyelid tight so that it doesn't hang down. Hopefully the nerve will have healed and the Bells Palsy disappeared before my surgery date comes up next March. I am also being referred to a plastic surgeon. There are a few options to pull my face straight, and even the possibility of a nerve transplant. I'm not sure I will go as far as this surgery but a face lift could be a good idea after I've finished losing weight. *funny* I don't care enough and I have said for years no general anaesthetic unless it's a life or death situation.

It was so late when we left the hospital all the cafes were closed so we got a bottle of soft drink each, L & P for John and Bunderburg diet ginger ale for me, and headed home. We didn't feel much like doing any shopping and were glad to be on our way. We stopped in Whitianga and I gathered up some bits and pieces for tea which we shared with Jane. It was very tasty platter.

One thing that annoys is is the universal trend in New Zealand to close Cafe style coffee shops  about 4 pm for the day. As someone who lives out of town I have often looked for somewhere to relax for a few minutes before the drive home. There is a gap between 4 pm and 6 pm when the restaurants begin to open for the evening. It is only in the larger cities like Rotorua that you can find somewhere to sit and have a drink without going into a bar for alcohol. I understand the late afternoon is a slow traffic time and many of them open early for breakfast and need to prepare for the next day, but it still drives me nuts that this continues.

There was a lovely sunset but the light had faded too much for photographs by the time we got home.

I'll be going to bed soon.

REPORTING BACK .......



Brunch  = 369 cal
Fats = 75.5%
Proteins = 17.4%
Carbs = 7.2%
After Dinner = 1012 cal
Fats = 72%
Proteins = 15.4%
Carbs = 12.6%
After Snacks and Drinks = 1259cal
Fats = 72.5%   (102gm)
Proteins = 15.8%   (50gm)
Carbs = 11.7%   (37gm)

Total calories for day = over my limit by 109


HOW DID I DO? .......

I wasn't prepared to be at the Clinic so long. I knew it would be difficult to keep to my planned ratio and I'm pleased I stayed as close as I did. The problem was eating twice as many carbohydrates as my plan.


Brunch:- Cheese omelet with avocado and cherry tomato

Dinner:- Anitpasto Platter, salami, camembert, olives, stuffed mini pepper, sundried tomato dip, lettuce leaves and gherkin

Snacks:- Almonds, dip and rice crackers

Drinks:- Water x 2
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 3
Cream coffee x 2
1/2 bottle ginger beer

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

36 minutes cross-trainer = 8 km

September Total:- 55.5/60 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
1st October:- 88 kg/193.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:-

3 comments:

  1. You know, MargieAnne, as soon as I read the part where you said you were on a waiting list for surgery, the thought crossed my mind that maybe God would heal you before that surgery date arrived.

    and not long later, you said the same thing. :D I'm putting a note on my computer to remind me to pray for that healing every day. I know that you know--> God still does miracles today.

    As far as the clinic. I'm wondering if there is a typo re: the time. You wrote that you got to the clinic before 2pm and were out by 2:15. Was that initial 2pm supposed to be 12, maybe?

    No matter, just curious.

    As far as your eating--I think that keeping your calories where you did is amazing considering the disruption in you day! Really. Good job with that.

    Praying!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typos abound. It was after 4 pm when we finished at the Clinic and we had close to 2 hours to drive home plus stop for groceries and call in at Mum's house where we had tea since it was 6 pm.

    Will edit and correct now. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friend. It's been a while since we've connected. Sounds like a lot is going on in your life. I do need to remember to check in more often. I care.

    ReplyDelete