Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CHEESE NOT CRACKERS


DAYS 276 AND 277 MAINLY WHEAT FREE

1/20 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

THOUGHTS .......

My posts are running a day behind so the following remarks pertain to yesterday.

Today became something of a challenge. I was unaware of how high I  had allowed my carbohydrates to creep up. I've been eating rice crackers, almonds, dried fruit, dark chocolate, red wine and licorice almost ad lib.

I have decided to draw a line in the sand. October will be 100% grain free. Sugar too will be limited, mainly to what is found naturally in vegetables. I will allow myself 2 pieces of dried fig or apricot or fresh kiwifruit each day. I will probably have to take Kiwi Phloe capsules again. or I will probably try chia seeds. I will continue to have the occasional small glass of red wine alternating with dark chocolate.

This afternoon I began to desire crackers and more. I managed to resist. Instead I ate a small piece of cheese when preparing the stuffed mushrooms. It's something I need to be alert to for a few days.

I am combining our health needs with pleasure. We are drinking a little red wine, about a bottle between us each week. I think that I should only have my little piece of dark chocolate on the nights we don't drink wine. I'm starting to sound like a fanatic.

I have been playing around with with various things to enhance our health. It really is a balancing act. I need to keep losing weight. Our nutritional requirements are quite high as we age and begin to see the ravages of time. My greatest concern is John's vascular health. For me there is the ongoing problem with chronic fatigue which is comparatively mild these days, the tendency toward high blood pressure and wanting to do all I can to recover from Bells Palsy. My research suggests that I need to do all I can to heal the myelin sheath surrounding the facial nerve.

REPORTING BACK .......

It's been a weird day. I feel as though I've been busy all day yet there is nothing to show, absolutely no evidence at all. I can't imagine where the feeling came from. I guess a lot of time was frittered on the internet.

HOW DID I DO? .......

Food good.


Breakfast:- Cheese onion and bacon omelet.

Lunch: Thick slice of cold roast beef and kumera with green salad and balsanic dressing.

Dinner:- Stuffed mushroom and bacon. Almonds and red wine.

Snacks:- Small piece of cheese, dried fig and almonds

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 4
Black coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Today


I've only had two meals today and my liquids are way down. That's partly because I spent hours soaking in the bath while I finished reading a book from the library.  I feel fine. I slept well last night and should get good sleep tonight. Please note I got my feet a walking .... well on the cross-trainer. I'm not sure that it works as well as being outside but we are still having horrible wind. John would grump about wind and I never minded it, but now it's a different story. This kind of weather keeps me inside unless I want to have a painful eye. There is no protection which works well enough to get me out in the wind.

Breakfast:- Cheese  omelet.

Lunch: None

Dinner:- Slice of cold roast beef, cherry tomato, gherkin, cheese, cucumber.

Snacks:- None

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 3
Black coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*


Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

20 minutes cross-trainer = 4.5 km

September Total:- 4.5 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
1st October:- 88 kg/193.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:-

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone in having wind... it is VERY windy here too.
    Can you not wear a patch over your eye when outside to protect it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love cheese. It tastes great. Cheese doesn’t get enough credit for its health benefits, which include things like bone strengthening and cancer prevention as well. It actually has high quality protein and calcium, and elements such as vitamin B that helps the body absorb and distribute calcium for a healthier body.

    ReplyDelete