Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A NEW MONTH 31 DAYS TO LIVE WELL

PROMISE OF THINGS TO COME
I CAN''T WAIT TO HARVEST THESE LITTLE BEAUTIES

275 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26 kg/58 lbs


Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
1st October:- 88 kg/193.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

THOUGHTS .......

My weight has changed. I gained 1 kg or 2 pounds. I can live with that. It's not as bad as I thought it might be. I gained a couple of kilos when I went off the diuretic. That seems to have settled down quite well. September was not an easy month ... understatement! At least 15 out of the 30 days were quite stressful. We also had two long travel days and then there were the meals out and some high sugar desserts. You can't have it all.

In effect I have still lost 8 kg or 17 pounds in the last five months. I guess that's not too shabby after all but I would like to do much better.

At this stage October looks like a month with little stress and no great plans other than gardening and sorting out Stuff. I am seriously looking at following nutritional ketosis. According to many it means a higher intake of fat but then I haven't been too shy about fats for a long time. It also means being modest about proteins. Actually I think my proteins are just about on target. That leaves fruit, vegetables, nuts and starches. Starches I can easily avoid. I eat very little fruit except that lately I have been eating dried apricots and figs more and more. I think that using more of the sane fats I am solving the problem I use the dried fruit to relieve. For this month I will avoid all grains even my favourite rice crackers and the occasional slice of gluten free bread. I feel lazy so there won't be any baking with nut flours either.

My goal for this month on the food front is to eat more green leafy veggies. Spring is here so that shouldn't be too hard although today we are being buffeted by a cold south wind which is predicted to last most of the month. At some point I will get back to my berry smoothie but not until the mornings warm up. I'm enjoying having an omelet for breakfast these days.

My main focus will be getting in a daily walk either outside or using the cross-trainer. I think all the things that brought me to a screaming halt months ago have been resolved. I was suffering from potassium deficiency which was the result of taking a diuretic. My medication changes seem to have stabilised so there are no excuses on that front.

The Bells Palsy continues to be an awful nuisance and my eye quickly becomes painful when outside even with good care and protection. This is something I have to live with and I will keep trying different ways to keep my eye comfortable so I can enjoy being outside. My eyesight seems to have deteriorated but not sure whether that is caused by a cataract growing over my right eye or just the aggravation paralysed eyelids causes to the other.

31 days of successful living coming up. Well only 29 left now since I am so late getting this posted


Breakfast:- Mushroom, garlic, onion, mushroom and cheese omelet.

Lunch: 1 Dried fig and almonds

Dinner:- Pork steak with mixed veggie salad and kumera. Balsamic dressing. Piece of dark chocolate

Snacks:- None

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 2
Black coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*  Need to get drinking.

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no* need to get walking

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 0 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.


IT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD CROP
YUMMY!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I am so jealous of your strawberries, I am so wanting some but am not paying $7 for a chip at the moment, no matter how lovely they look. Here's hoping the month stays stress-free for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love a visit, the only day out for me is Wednesday if you catch up after that you will be able to see my hair lol

    ReplyDelete