Saturday, September 1, 2012

WEIGH IN


SPRING IS OFFICIAL
SEPTEMBER 1ST 


244 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

0/15 DAYS X 20 MINUTES SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 27 kg/59.4 lbs

Drum Roll please. 

Tarmpt, tarumpt, tarumpt... And bring the trumpets out too.


I lost 4 kilograms, that's 8.5 pounds of excess fat during August. I am euphoric. 
That ends three months of nothing much. 
Life just keeps getting better.


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better

Weigh In 7.30 am

1st August:- 91 kg/200 lbs
1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:-



THOUGHTS .......

Can I do some skiting?

Like it or not that is exactly what I am doing today.

Look at the numbers.

I have lost more than 60 pounds this year.

In old fashioned terms that's probably close to 5 stone. I can remember getting on the scales and crying because I was afraid my weight would go all the way to 20 stone or 280 pounds. I came horribly close because my first weigh in this year was over 250 pounds. I'm fairly certain I was close to 260 pounds when I made a decision to stop the madness.

My records began in the middle of January. I had been wheat free for twelve days and estimate I had lost more than 2 kg/4.5 lbs when I began recording. I look at the numbers and they are hard to believe. I cannot help wondering if I've fudged the numbers somewhere. The one thing I am proud of is that I not only demolished the kilogram I gained at the end of July but averaged 1 kilogram per week. I think this is remarkable. It goes against common lore. No-one expects older women to be able to consistently lose a kilogram per week. Nor do many people continue to lose at this rate after being on a weight loss program for so many months.

I did have a big slow down through June and July but I managed to get things moving again in August.

On December last year I knew I was getting into trouble with my health. Normal moving around had become an effort. I was short of breath at the least exertion. I ached everywhere. Life was stressful. I wasn't sleeping properly. The following was written mid-December.

 Went for a walk to see if the beach was still there. It is. It's probably months since I walked that way. The shocking thing is how unfit I am. Walking has become something of a struggle. I wheeze and puff. I think some of the problem is my medication but the real problem is the extra weight and my own laziness. I don't feel motivated to do anything about it but I don't think I can allow motivation to rule me.  Doing the best thing has nothing to do with what I feel like doing. It has everything to do with making a decision to do the best for myself even when I don't want to. I'm letting myself drift along when I know I'm not doing myself any favours.Sooner or later the discomfort of being unfit and fat will surely get to me.

On New Years Day I wrote this.

I've been slowly but steadily gaining weight. That has to stop.
New Year Resolutions always seem a bit pathetic, so easily made and so easily lost and forgotten. 

 

By the next day I had made a decision to eat wheat/gluten free. I continued to eat other things. I wasn't particularly concerned about how healthy my food was. I was drinking many cups of Nestlé instant cappuccinos with a teaspoon of sugar each time.

The rest is history. My food choices gradually became healthier. Recently I decided to be more thoughtful regarding all grains and I have been dairy free for 8 days. The last has little to do with weight loss but it probably helps that I'm not eating so much cheese.

I'm not sure what brought about the change in me. Certainly becoming wheat free had a huge impact. It all began with some thoughtfulness and a prayer on New Year's Day. Which all goes to show that sometimes New Year Resolutions do stick.

I'd like to say my success so far is due to God hearing and answering my prayer. If that is so why didn't God hear every previous prayer. The only answer I have is that I was being drawn along year by year, failure after failure, learning and discovering things about myself until Now is The Time.

I am ready.


REPORTING BACK .......

I've had quite a productive day. I wrote up something I've been meaning to do for months and years, editing and polishing until I thought it was ready for a friend to critique.

HOW DID I DO? .......

It's only 8.30 pm and I'm yawning my head off. I call it a good day.

Breakfast:- Omelet with onion, garlic, mushroom and a good drizzle of olive oil


Lunch: None


Dinner:- Cold roast beef with salad including an HB egg.


Snacks:- Almonds and 2 dried apricots.


Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 5
Black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

20 minutes cross-trainer = 4.5 km

September Total:- 4.5/60 km

I've not been getting enough movement into my days for several months. Now that the days are hopefully getting warmer it should become easier to restore some routine here. The only hitch in September is that we will be in Christchurch from 13th to 25th and I will not predict how much I can do while we are away from home. I am setting a very modest goal equal to doing 20 minutes on the cross-trainer every second day. I should better this but I'd rather pass my goal than fall short in this matter.

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
3rd September 2012,


6 comments:

  1. Wow I am stoked for you!!!! Well done to you and you deserve this weight loss. AND the really special thing is that this time you won't regain any of it, how good does that feel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Fantastic! good on you!

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I love how losing excess fat helps our mood! Thumbs Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOO!!!!!!! ONE-derland has been achieved! :D

    Congratulations, MargieAnne! You've given me hope.

    Wahooo!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great!! How encouraging for you. AND for those of us following your progress, I must add. :-D

    ReplyDelete