Saturday, September 8, 2012

TWO DAYS IN ONE

THESE GORGEOUS FLOWER GIRLS ARE MY MOTHER'S YOUNGER SISTERS
Everytime this photo comes up on my screen saver I want to share it.
I'm not sure who made the dresses. It could have been my grandmother who was a talented home dressmaker or an aunt who was a professional dressmaker and tailoress.
My bet is on Grandma.

MY PARENTS WEDDING PARTY
I LOOK ON IT WITH WONDER AS THIS WAS 1937
AND MY GRANDPARENTS WERE FAR FROM WEALTHY
MY MOTHER HAD GREAT STYLE

251 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

1/15 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 27 kg/59.5 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.


THOUGHTS .......

Not feeling very energetic. It may have something to do with adjusting to changing my meds. I have gained 1 kg/2 pounds and it will all be water weight from not taking the diuretic for 2 days.

I hate seeing the scales go backwards but it's important for my mental health and general wellbeing that I persist with the change. Next time we are in town I will probably pop into the Medical Centre and get my Blood Pressure taken. That will probably be Wednesday afternoon when I am booked to have a little pamper session. I'm getting my eyebrows, toe and finger nails shaped and painted. Hmm! I will not be painting my eyebrows.

I'm reading the diet cure and I can see a few things I can do to optimise my health. I need to think on them for a while. I am still dealing with skin problems that could well be yeast related. Being dairy free is making no difference. I also am a match for adrenal fatigue. I know I'm eating well but there's nothing wrong with a tweak here and there. Maybe amino acid  supplements like  GABA, Glutamine and Tyrosine could be in order for a trial period. Are they worth trying? It depends how expensive they are.

REPORTING BACK .......

Yesterday was Friday ... where did the week go, and I did not feel like eating until late afternoon. I made John and I omelets with a yummy filling of finely diced onion, garlic, sliced mushrooms and chopped bacon. There was more filling than we could eat lasy night so I repeated the omelet for my breakfast today.

HOW DID I DO? .......

Today has been good but also lazy. It's raining again and windy. We've had noisy blustery wind for the last few days. The wind makes me feel tired. I've washed my hair so that tomorrow all I need to do is have breakfast and get ready for church.

Breakfast:- Mushroom omelet


Lunch: Egg and celery salad with homemade beef and apple sausage seasoned with mild cajun spices and Italian herbs.


Dinner:- Remaining casserole with cauliflower and broccoli

Snacks:- Food


Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 5 or more. No problem drinking now that I'm off the diuretic.
Black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 4.5/60 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.

Weigh In 7.30 am

1st August:- 91 kg/200 lbs
1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:-
AUNTIE GLADYS
I AM SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE HERs

6 comments:

  1. Love the photos and good for you getting a pamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those photos, too!

    I read Diet Cure... lots of interesting info. But several of the things she suggested to take that seemed to fit me, I can NOT take due to high blood pressure. So just be sure you read the "fine print" cautions for each one. Like tyrosine, for one. I did buy some GABA and some glutamine. Haven't taken them consistently, probably because even when I did I didn't notice a difference. But since I paid for it, I suppose I can keep trying and see what happens over time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this. I'm not sure that I really want to mess about with more supplements. I guess right now I shouldn't do anything more. After all I'm still in the middle of my dairy free experiment and I'm modifying my blood pressure meds. That's enough.

      I'm just a little frustrated. No improvement in Bells Palsy and no change in my scalp condition, (Seborrheic dermatitis:)

      Blessings

      Delete
  3. Ahhh pamper sessions! I've never had one.
    Your parents wedding party looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness......my first glance at the group photo had me thinking.....that's my mum!!! Your mum looks so much like mine. I will have to find and post a wedding pic of her. :)
    As for the supplements......I would give them a miss as surely your diet should be covering all bases. I have read though that the main ones to include if you aren't feeling on top of the world is magnesium and potassium. The potassium I know you have taken.......did you feel any better for it?? I do and I only take 1 capsule mabe 2 or 3 times a week. I left my magnesium at home so may get some here......they were easy to take capsules.......i can't take big dry tablets LOL
    Lucky you having a pamper. Reminds me I need to get my toenails done LOL
    Enjoy your Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. Rettakat's comment gave you the caution I would have. I did take the 5-HTP (L-tryptophan) and had side-effects. It made my face swell up! :O Like my face isn't fat enough as it is!! And it made me sleepy at the wrong times. And gave me very weird dreams. I only took it for about a week, but the moon face concerned me, so I did't persist to see if the symptoms wore off. One good thing was that it DID decrease my appetite lots.

    When I have water weight, I find that drinking plain tea helps release it. OF course, you may have been dehydrated and need the fluid. It'll settle down, either way. Hard to see those numbers go the wrong way, tho, isn't it?

    Deb

    ReplyDelete