Thursday, September 27, 2012

HOME SWEET HOME

CHRISTCHURCH WILL BE MANY YEARS IN RESTORATION AND REBUILING

270  DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

1/15 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 27 kg/59.5 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

THOUGHTS .......

It's a grey old day but that's OK with me because I am vegitating today. Yesterday was a very long day. We were out of bed before 7 am and at the Christchurch Airport by 11 am in plenty of time for our 12.30 flight. We had the most comfortable flight I have ever had. Granted it is only 1 hour and 15 minutes but we have never had so much leg space even on an International flight. I think we were on a new Air Bus. It was lovely and fresh with no scuff marks, and as I said, there was more seat room than in other planes. We have both lost some weight and that too makes a difference. I sat in the middle of three seats both ways. I would never have done that willingly in the past. John gets the window seat because it is easier on my eye, especially if we are on the sunny side of the plane.

It was after 2 pm when we picked up the car and we'd had nothing to eat since breakfast so we stopped at the Autobarn Restaurant about 30 minutes south of the airport. I had a salad and gluten free almond cake and hot chocolate. John had a bacon with bubble and squeak and toast. He forgot to order gluten free so left the toast and ate a gluten free chocolate slice.

By 6.30 pm we were shopping at New World, Whitianga. We had emptied the fridge of all perishables before we left on the 13th so it was quite a big shop, certainly expensive even though the only meat we bought was a packet of bacon and some smoked chicken nibbles to snack on for our tea. We then called in on Jane. We go right past Mum's house where she lives. It was great to see her and catch up and collect our mail too. Not that there was anything we really needed.

It was close to 9 pm by the time we had the car unpacked and groceries away. I was so tired I couldn't be bothered getting up to go to bed. Finally I moved my body from recliner to bed just after midnight.

Daylight Saving begins here in a few days and I was just beginning to enjoy getting up between 6 am and 7 am. Being retired means that, except on rare occasions, our time is our own and we are accountable to no one except ourselves so it doesn't really matter what time we begin our day. But I do like the early morning as the weather warms up.

We have a rates bill for Mum's house which must be sorted out ASAP and it seems that our tiny bit of cash from Mum's estate is due to be paid out very soon. That will be good. We have waited 8 months already and I feel as though the lawyer has been very slow but then there was no reason for him to hurry things along. We have been waiting for this to be sorted out so that we can establish an account to make the rates, insurance and maintenance payments from. It has felt very Mickey Mouse up to now with some accounts going to the lawyer and others of us paying as we go until we can be reimbursed.

Now we are home our priorities shift. John's focus will be getting the Old Purple Bus on the road and legal. He is also talking about painting it himself. There is a lot of preparation but he has all the time in the world and it will be good for him to have a special project. My focus is now on de-cluttering Mum's house and where and how we will store the things we are keeping for now. It is time to decide how we are going to market it too. We have a choice. We can go with a local Real Estate Agent or we can go it alone using TradeMe. I suspect the latter is the preferred option by most of the family. It does mean extra work for Jane and I as we will have to organise viewings. This will all sort itself out in the next three weeks.

We both remain mainly wheat free. John is being much firmer than I. The only deviation I can remember is the day we visited David and H's neighbours when we were offered home-made biscuits. Ordinarily I would have refused but it had been a hard week and neither of us were in the mood to tactfully decline. I have eaten a lot more gluten free products than I normally would but John doesn't need to worry about starches at this stage. In spite of being away from home and the food routines we have established and some very stress filled days we were surprised to find neither of us have gained weight. I feel a little bloated but that's not unusual after a long day of travel. My weight is up on the beginning of the month but that gain came over a couple of days after I stopped taking a diuretic. I do think I have a genuine gain but I don't think it will be too hard to pull it back over the next week as we get back into eating as we normally do.

The dairy free experiment ended a few days ago. I didn't find it made any difference to my skin and I have not noticed anything different with resuming dairy.

For the next few days I need to be mindful of what I eat. I sense a tendency toward a desire for sweet food and crunchy rice crackers. I am going to keep my meals as carb free as possible for a couple of days. Says me, who has a fridge full of fresh veggies and cauliflower in our garden which needs to be harvested.


REPORTING BACK .......

I did exactly what I said I would do. I've caught up with reading Blogs but not posted many comments, but then I never do. My typing is incredibly slow. It will be an early night. I am struggling a little with the desire to snack. I'm not being too hard on myself because this will pass in a another day or two.

HOW DID I DO? .......




Breakfast:- Bacon and Parsley  Omelet using coconut oil

Lunch: Smoked chicken nibbles and mixed veggie salad. Rice crackers

Dinner:- Steak, cauliflower and grated cheese. Small piece of dark chocolate.

Snacks:- Almonds, dried fig, apricot, rice crackers

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 3 +
Black coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *?*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 4.5/60 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.

Weigh In 7.30 am

1st August:- 91 kg/200 lbs
1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:-

AROUND CHRISTCHURCH TWO YEARS AFTER THE FIRST EARTHQUAKE.
DEMOLITION
ROADWORKS
SPRINGTIME BLOSSOM
REBUILDING 

1 comment:

  1. Smoked chicken nibbles sound lovely have never seen them.... going to try and find them :), glad you had a great flight home and are back safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete