Sunday, September 2, 2012

FATHER'S DAY

I debated putting this photo on my Blog.
My face is broken and twisted, a temporary deformity,
My hair is messy and needs reshaping,
I'm fat.
We are old.
Then I decided this is how we are. It's real and true.

246 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

1/15 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 27 kg/59.5 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.


THOUGHTS .......

I love the time after I wake up when it's still too early to get out of bed. There's something luxurious about having no reason to rush and bustle in the mornings. Once it was normal for me to get up at 6.30 am or earlier every morning. I have always liked having quiet times before the activities of the day take over. This morning, cuddled up in the cosiness of fresh cotton sheets, light woollen blanket and puffy duvet, I revelled in the joy filling my heart. It was a wonder to me. I do not always feel like this.

The sheer enjoyment of the moment went on and on. It was like hugging life with great love. I was literally embracing life with fullness of joy. Special moments like this you want to protect and hold forever but eventually they fade and it was time to get up. I wondered if this was in part because my body is in a happy place nutrition wise with a good number of ketones floating around my bloodstream and brain cells.

My lovely morning did not end there. The first email I read was from a friend with information that fed my soul. Thank-you my friend.

And wait ... there's more. Our lovely daughter came over and took us to lunch at our favourite local Café, Castle Rock. We all had pan fried fish with chips and salad. Delicious, although the chips were not up to Chef Andy's usual standard so I wasn't tempted to eat them all.

Weather wise it wasn't great. An occasional sun popped in and out of deep grey clouds while a cold wind kept  the temperature low. It didn't matter. We still sat outside on the deck chatting and eating happy together.

Jane left us at home while she joined some friends to walk up the big hill at Simpsons Beach. We spent the afternoon, and now the evening, tucked cosily in front of TV. John watched Motor Racing while I answered emails and tidied up my photo library.

I hope John enjoyed Father's Day as much as I did.

HOW DID I DO? .......

It's been a very good day.

Breakfast:- Eggs and bacon with mushroom


Lunch: Pan fried fish with salad and chips. Black coffee. We kept it simple and delicious. Good to have a good chat with our daughter.

Dinner:- Bowl of bacon bone soup. Neither of us felt like much for tea tonight so John too a container of the soup I made last week from the freezer. Delicious and compketely satisfying

Snacks:- Food


Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 2
Black coffee x 2
1/2 glass red wine

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 4.5/60 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85

Weigh In 7.30 am

1st August:- 91 kg/200 lbs
1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:-


5 comments:

  1. That is a lovely photo - it is you, as you are and my goodness you are looking slimmer! I'm so glad you had a lovely day - ours was more busy with all the family at the beach house.

    We will be going to Castle Rock next time we are over there I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda. I am really struggling with the way I look. It doesn't bother me most of the time because I only see myself a few minutes at a time in the mirror. Looking at photos is quite a shock. We've had better meals at Castle Rock but we'll go back. I think we might try one of their theme nights.

      Thanks again.

      Blessings

      Delete
  2. First, the photo. I love your hair! It has grown in really well. And you're under 200 pounds! :D ANd your husband is gorgeous!. :D

    I'm glad you had a great day--and the morning wake up sounds wonderful. I wish youi any more.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic, and relaxed.... it really boosts you when you can have a nice relaxing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy for you that you had such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete