Tuesday, September 4, 2012

EXCELLENT BLOOD PRESSURE READING


IT'S HARD TO GET THE PHOTOS TO DO JUSTICE
I LOVE THE COMBINATION OF THE DAFFODILS DANCING WITH A BLUE SEA BACKDROP


247 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

1/15 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 27 kg/59.5 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

I was doing really well today. Went into town this afternoon to keep a couple of appointments. One was with my Dr. who is pleased with my continued weight loss and good blood pressure result. No help with the Bells Palsy except to say I will probably need surgery to tighten up my lower eye lid.

I've been on BP lowering medication for more than 10 years, maybe 12 or 13. The first thing I was put on was Accupril 5 mg. That did not make enough difference. In addition I was given Plendil 2.5mg. Over the years the Accupril was increased to 20 and became Accuretic with diuretic qualities. Then there was the fiasco earlier this year when the Plendil was increased because there was a possibility I'd had a stroke. I was quite seriously over-medicated and felt miserable until the increase was reversed. In June my potassium levels dropped and I felt terrible again but corrected it by taking a supplement.

Today my doctor agreed to prescribe Accupril rather than the diuretic version. I would have liked her to decrease the dose but one step at a time. I'm going to try weaning myself off them anyway. My daughter has given me some tips on how to do this safely and to get my BP tested every two weeks. I don't know why it upsets me to be stuck on this medication. It doesn't appear to have any unpleasant side effects other than the days when I feel as though I might be over medicated. I have always believed that as my weight decreased my blood pressure would normalise. I refuse to be lumped in the group whose BP increases with age because that is a family tendency. 

I have believed all along that my high BP has more to do with lifestyle than genetics. I hope this is the case but only time will prove me right or maybe wrong.

I got hungry because I had a good breakfast and nothing more until we came home. I'm fine now and will have a piece of dark chocolate soon.

I'm really tired now. Hardly able to think. I was on a high most of the afternoon. It was as though I'd had 2 double coffees and now the crash. Don't want to try to work out why.


Breakfast:- Onion and mushroom omelet

Lunch: None


Dinner:- Big bowl of soup. small slice gluten free bread with peanut butter


Snacks:- Almonds, piece of chocolate

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 3
Black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

September Total:- 4.5/60 km

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed. Accuretic becomes Accupril.

Weigh In 7.30 am

1st August:- 91 kg/200 lbs
1st September:- 87 kg/191.5 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:-

2 comments:

  1. Now I am feeling in the right head space thinking of giving the Primal eating another go..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Dr Davis, it might take some time but going wheat free is anti-inflammatory, so I'll bet in time your BP will come down nicely.

    And I LOVE that new photo with the little white boat... the composition, the happy flowers, the ocean view with the surf, the rocky bluffs jutting up out of the water... just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete