Saturday, August 25, 2012

SUNSHINE AND GARDENING AND VISITORS


THE SUN STTING ON A LOVELY DAY

238 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

7/31 DAYS OF SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 23.5 kg/ 51 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

No rain for about 40 hours. That's remarkable after weeks of rain and very little sunshine. I was able to garden and I enjoyed it. I didn't want to stop and come back inside. I do not have a large garden and I like to weed by hand, something I haven't been able to do since January. The weeds and grass have done a good job of taking over so the patch I cleared is Very Small. I found some bedding begonias and a few self sown pansies under the weeds so they should have a head start on anything else I plant. There are many hours of work out there. John planted an olive tree and two feijoas. I planted a thornless blackberry, a raspberry cane, and four different herbs.

Not long after I came inside there was a knock at the door. Lynda and her husband are here for the weekend and decided to visit us for a minute.  We enjoyed meeting Lynda's husband and had a great time talking. It was great to catch up on their recent trip to Italy. They are still amazed by the food they were able to eat and the shapeliness of the people on the street. The men were slim with flat stomachs and the women curvy. Older women were inclined to be plump but not obese as we are becoming used to seeing.

We are all agreed the Wheat Belly book by Dr. William Davis has made a huge difference to our lives. Both men said it was the knowledge of what wheat does that made it easy to make the decision to live wheat free.  Not only does it cause blood sugar to rise faster than ordinary white sugar but it causes inflammation in the gut and upsets general health. I know that wheat was the cause of my arthritis and inflamed stomach not to mention being more emotionally stable. Wheat can be the cause of depression. Both John and I have seen changes in our mental health since going wheat free. It's hard to say what wheat does not affect in some of us.

I am delighted that our children are wanting to know more. I bought a copy of the book for us and to share but I can see that one book is not enough. Tonight I am ordering four more books from Amazon. I've never done anything like this before. I think this is probably the most important book of this generation in regard to weight and health.

My tummy was a bit upset last night. I think I ate too much frittata. It was so yummy I kept going back for more until I was overfull. I decided to fast through the day and have only had a small bowl of veggie bone broth this evening.


How did I do?

Another great day chalked up.

Breakfast:- None

Lunch:- None


Tea/Dinner:- Veggie and bone broth

Snacks:- None

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4
Black coffee

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

21.75/75 km for August


BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85



1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/198 lb
3RD AUGUST - 91 kg/200 lbs
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lbs

Weight loss history for 2012
January: - 10.5kg/23 lbs
February: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April: - 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May: - 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June: - 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July: - + 1 kg/2 lbs

2 comments:

  1. It was lovely to catch up with you two today - Stu enjoyed meeting you too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, MargieAnne.

    I've changed my URL to: http://debwillbefree.blogspot.com

    You'll have to unfollow and refollow. sorry.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete