Friday, August 31, 2012

SORTING OUT A FEW MORE THINGS

MORE PHOTOS FROM OLD ALBUMS
AUNTIE GLADYS AND UNCLE HENRY'S WEDDING, 1946
THE CUTE FLOWER GIRL AND PAGE BOY
ARE ME, AGED 7 AND MY BROTHER, AGED 4

244 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

8/31 DAYS SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 23.5 kg/51 lbs


Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.



THOUGHTS .......




A post titled Declare Your Success before It Happens on this Blog caught my attention this morning. Remember Muhammed Ali and his bold confidence. Remember the way he called himself the greatest. Regardless of what you thought of him and his sport he knew how to speak into his future with belief. Apparently he called himself the greatest long before it actually happened.

His self belief was remarkable. One thing that all motivational speakers and mentors have in common is an emphasis on self belief.

I don't think I had any real faith in my ability to be an attractive and healthy weight until I discovered that eating low carb works and is healthy. Now my confidence is growing in leaps and bounds. This new confidence stems from knowing the science behind a low carb diet and the harmfulness of wheat, for me at least. I know that as long as I stay wheat free and avoid other starchy grains I have a every chance of losing all my excess fat.

I've been 100% dairy free for 7 days. It's been so much easier than I expected, but no improvement in my skin/scalp problem. I'll continue to the end of September I think. The only hesitation I have is the two weeks we will be in Christchurch. I should be able to manage things there but it's never quite as simple when you're staying in someone else's home.

Do I believe I will lose all this excess fat?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Do I believe I can continue to lose weight at approximately 1 kg or 2 pound a week for the next few months?

Probably. I hope so and that is what I keep working for.

Do I believe I will maintain my weight loss once I reach my target weight?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Do I believe in myself?

I believe I do.

Am I going to do a Muhammed Ali and shout out that I'm the greatest?

I don;t think so. That's not my style. But the idea makes me want to smile.

REPORTING BACK ....... 7TH DAY DAIRY FREE

Two more drawers and my wardrobe are sorted. There's a growing pile of clothes to be boxed for the Op Shop. I have clothes soaking and clothes drying. The stack will grow tomorrow. I have a few small drawers with precious little in them then it's time to bring in some of the stuff I've been tossing in the bus. For twelve months or more the Old Purple Bus has become a storage when I want to tidy the house in a hurry. I can only imagine the treasure hiding out there.

HOW DID I DO? .......

I've done really well today. Hope it shows in my official weigh in tomorrow.

Breakfast:- 2 egg omelet with onion and mushrooms. Black coffee. I feel full.


Lunch: Salmon patties with gherkin. 2 kiwi fruit.

I turned the piece of salmon I cooked a couple of nights ago into 4 patties. I cooked up a finely chopped onion with a little garlic and added it to a bowl with one egg, coconut flour, almond flour, parsley, thyme, chopped gherkin the salmon and lemon zest. I mashed it all up together until I was happy with the texture. This made a nice firm mixture to form into patties in my hand. I had 4 small to medium patties and served them with a chopped gherkin, lemon juice and olive oil, fresh ground pepper and kelp salt. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I'm doing most of my cooking in coconut oil instead of butter when using a pan.

Dinner:- Roast beef and mixed green salad with balsamic dressing. a piece of dark chocolate.

Snacks:- None

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 5
Black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

20 minutes cross-trainer = 4 km

August Total:- 25.5/75 km

I had to end the month on a good note. I have been very slack. To vindicate this laziness I claim my body has been going through some major changes and tiredness has been a theme for months. I'm hoping that the absence of dairy in my diet is giving me fresh impetus. I don't think I'm allergic or even intolerant of dairy but time will tell. There could be many things contributing to fatigue. I'll write about it as I understand it all a bit better.

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85

Weigh In 7.30 am

1st July:- 90 kg/198 lbs
3rd August:- 91 kg/200 lbs
Start Weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs

2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:-

CUTE KIDS. AT A FANCY DRESS PARTY
ME IN MY BRIDESMAID DRESS FROM THE TOP PHOTO,
THE ELF IS MY BROTHER

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    Lovely photos, I think your mother spent a lot of time making costumes and dresses? Also a great post, I have been doing well in the past couple of days since I started cutting out sugar and cutting down on carbs,

    Cheers

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, love those photos of you and your brother.

    I think my favorite Muhammad Ali quote is: "The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos and happy Spring :)

    ReplyDelete