Friday, August 3, 2012

NOT HAPPY - AS EXPECTED, A WEIGHT GAIN


LONGING FOR BLUE SKIES
THE SUN DID SHINE TODAY
THE SHOWERS, SOME VERY HEAVY, CAME TOO


216 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 23.5 kg/51 lbs



1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/198 lb
3RD AUGUST - 91 kg/200 lbs
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lbs

Weight loss history for 2012
January: - 10.5kg/23 lbs
February: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April: - 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May: - 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June: - 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July: - + 1 kg/2 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in September 1st

Thoughts for the day..........

So I gained weight over the last few weeks. This is my first reversal this year and I'm not surprised. I saw it coming and did nothing to prevent it. 1 kg is not such a big deal because I know I can lose that within a week of good eating or even a couple of days if I really work at it. What does annoy me is that I let it happen. I made many poor choices which together have a cumulative affect.

Looking back over the years, this past year has been my most successful weight loss ever. The only time I came close to this was 2007 when I followed Lean For Life guide lines for about 9 months. Most of that time we were away from home in the Old Purple Bus. Strangely coincidental, we were in the middle of another family stressful time not too different to the one we are in now. It wasn't until we returned home and took up the reins of sharing 'being there for Mum' that I gradually lost the will to continue with the plan that worked. Over the next 4 1/4 years I managed to yo-yo my weight back to my starting weight in December 2006 and add another 10 - 15 kg. (22 - 33 lbs)

I have been pondering this as I am close to my lowest weight in 2007, 87 kg/191 lbs, which I achieved in August of that year. Am I afraid of failure again?

There is something about anniversaries which can affect us on a subconscious level. It's well known that people who have experienced a traumatic or extremely sad event can experience emotional upheaval as the anniversary draws near. Sometimes they are unaware of the approaching date and confused by the emotional melt down. I guess this emotional anniversary can work in other situations too.

I really need to have a break-through this month. There is a deeply rooted fear that if I fail to make good progress and turn around right now, I will end up undoing all the good I have done this year.

I am at home. There is nothing new going on to cause us to stress out. All the things that cause me grief are on-going and to some extent I have come to terms with all of them. There is nothing to stop me from getting on with the job of improving my health except the choices I make. I am in control of my choices be they good or bad. Why would I want to make bad choices? It doesn't make sense at any level. I wouldn't go out and commit a crime or deliberately break the law so why break the laws of good nutrition?

Please don't think I'm beating myself up. I'm trying to think this through because it's imperative I get this sorted now.

There is a very appropriate verse in the Bible.

Job 3:25
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

There is only one antidote to this fear and that is understanding God and knowing His love,

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth not is not made perfect in love.

With faith in my beloved Heavenly Father I will get through this crisis of faith.


Reporting back............

Journalling my fear seems to have done some good. I feel much better and have a more positive outlook once again.

I decided to do a partial fast today and only have one meal. I'll maybe do the same again tomorrow.

Yesterday I bought salmon for tonight's tea. The few times I've had salmon I've not enjoyed it so I had to think of something simple yet tasty. After quite a search for recipes I came up with this.

Baked salmon with a modified version of marinara sauce.

I made the sauce last night to do with our sausages.

Dice 2 medium onions cooked in butter. Add in 1 teaspoon each of Tuscany seasoning, Italian herbs and 1.3 teaspoon Cajun spices. I tipped in 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup of mild sweet chilli sauce, and some left-over white wine, probably 3/4 cup and a big handful of finely chopped fresh parsley. I cooked this for about 40 minutes and adjusted the seasoning to taste.

Tonight I got out a couple of individual oval shaped oven dishes and placed a piece of salmon in each. I think the pieces  have been about 120 grams. I ladled 2 or 3 dessertspoons of marinara sauce over the salmon and a sprinkle of grated cheese. The dishes went into the oven for about 15 minutes at 180'C

I ate mine with spinach and John had mashed potato with his. It was a very filling meal and I quite enjoyed it. It would have been improved if I'd remembered to squeeze some fresh lemon juice directly onto the fish before adding the sauce. Pity I didn't think of taking a photo because it looked quite pretty too.

Apart from removing the pin bones the preparation took no time at all. I think we might see salmon on our menu more often as I learn to be creative about flavours. I have another piece of salmon in the freezer designated for salmon cakes and a bag of large prawns so more cooking adventures ahead.

Did you see our guys get Gold? The rowing pair are a legend. 

How did I do?

I've felt a lot more stable and managed the day reasonably well. 

Breakfast:- Fasting


Lunch:- Fasting


Tea/Dinner:- Baked salmon with marinara sauce and spinach.

Snacks:- Fasting

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4
Black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*


BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85



3 comments:

  1. Don't get put off... forget the weight numbers for awhile and think of the other benefits to your body. Thanks for your support too during my journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack. I hate when that happens. The good news is that nothing can defeat you when you're holding God's hand. I believe that you're going to have a full victory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Why would I want to make bad choices? It doesn't make sense at any level. I wouldn't go out and commit a crime or deliberately break the law so why break the laws of good nutrition?"

    Those are some of the questions I've been working through, too. It sounds like you are on the right track. I know God will meet you, and give you a breakthrough. And those 2 lbs will go bye bye along with more, real soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete