Tuesday, August 21, 2012

LES MISERABLE ...... WITH A TWIST




234 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

7/31 DAYS OF SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 23.5 kg/ 51 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

Reporting back............


How did I do?

Nothing constructive or earth-shattering happened around here today.

Breakfast:- Gluten free toast with peanut butter and honey


Lunch:- Egg and celery salad, yoghurt and honey mustard dressing


Tea/Dinner:- Slow cooked bacon hock with a mash of carrot, broccoli, kumera and cheese sauce. .
 The broth is being saved for soup.

Snacks:- ?

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 2 + ?
Black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

21.75/75 km for August


BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85



1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/198 lb
3RD AUGUST - 91 kg/200 lbs
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lbs

Weight loss history for 2012
January: - 10.5kg/23 lbs
February: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April: - 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May: - 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June: - 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July: - + 1 kg/2 lbs

3 comments:

  1. That "one more grain" is pretty good huh?

    Oh and that perm. I had a terrible one in the 80s and just wanted to hide. I can remember a time in my childhood when I was mortified. My Mum had saved up and bought me some togs from McKenzies - we usually didn't get new stuff, just hand me downs. Anyway they were orange - very trendy at the time. BUT the first time I wore them then turned out to be transparent and my nipples showed. Silly now but at the time I was just gutted becuase they were the first new thing I'd had in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - in answer to your questions... I am way behind in my podcasts but my favourites are Jimmy Moore's, The Wellness Guys do some good stuff and Latest in Paleo.

    I understand where you are coming from, it seems that plateaus are fairly common on low carb. On the NZ Low carb website, Jo had the same problem and she went onto Myfitnesspal.com and checked how many calories she was having as well as keeping low carb. She has now lost a further 14 kilos doing that.

    Be careful of the carbs in gluten free bread - I know you don't eat much. You said "the more you read the more you are moving away from low fat, low carb" do you mean high carb?

    Other reading - Mark's daily apple has some good reading. I think Gary Taubes' new book called "Why we get fat" looks good too.I tend to read dietdoctor.com and also watch his videos.

    I really don't have any answers for you - I know cutting carbs works but it also slows down. Have you counted your carbs lately? Perhaps they are too high? Really I don't know what else to say but good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and under "links" on my blog I have all the people who helped me. Underground wellness has some good stuff going back a year to so. Michelle from Primal Journey is great. You could try emailing her for advice - she is very good.

      Delete