Thursday, August 2, 2012

HOME AND MY OWN BED CALLS ME


GOODBYE FOR NOW
TODAY WAS A MIXTURE OF SOME WATERY SUN AND HEAVY SHOWERS
RAIN WARNINGS CONTINUE
GROUND IS SODDEN

215 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Really tired after packing up, shopping for groceries, coming home and unpacking.

Tomorrow I weigh for the first time in nearly 3 weeks. Scary thought.

In reply to Loretta's comment on yesterday's post about cholesterol. I'm not sure that we can get the test separating the two different kinds of LDL particles. I'm guessing that the problem is related to the way low carb diets change the balance and the standard test is inadequate. I need to check this out. I have been thinking about joining up with the Track Your Plaque site. More research and learning coming up.

Reporting back...........

How did I do?

I am snacking too much. A good night's sleep will help.

Breakfast:- Rice milk berry smoothie. The rice milk is a mistake I won't make again. Tastes OK but is watery. Milk gives me a thick shake plus rice is a grain. The rest of the rice milk just might end up in a flax seed loaf of bread.

Lunch:- Omelet, bacon and tomato

Tea/Dinner:- Gluten free sausages with marinara sauce. Sausages are not as good as my own hand made plus they have some grain in them

Snacks:- Rice crackers, cream cheese, salami, cheddar dheese

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 6

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*


BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in August ?



2 comments:

  1. One's own bed is always best, isn't it? I hope you've slept well.

    My own experience with cholesterol is that when I truly went very low carb, my cholesterol went down to normal range.

    It had been rather high. The "bad" cholesterol had been over 300 and my tryglicerides were over 400. Both were normal after vlc and without the meds the MD had been pushing for years.

    Hopefully, ours will get in line, too.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to know all is going well Chick... and of course there is nothing like one's own bed!

    ReplyDelete