Tuesday, August 14, 2012

LUNCH IN THAMES

ST GEORGES ANGLICAN CHURCH, THAMES, DEDICATED ABOUT 1882

JUNCTION HOTEL EST 1869
(JACKIE, ONE OF THE VOUCHERS IS FOR A MEAL HERE)
THE UGLY SHOP FRONT IS A CINEMA,
COMPLETELY OUT OF STEP WITH THE REST OF THE STREET

MANY BUSINESSES ARE BEING RUN OUT OF HISTORIC HOUSES

Thames is an historic gold town, the gateway to the Coromandel Peninsula and the main town, pop. 7000, of the Thames-Coromandel District which has a total pop of 27000. In it's hey day, 1868 to 1871, Thames was the busiest town in New Zealand with more than 100 hotels.

227 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

5/31 DAYS OF SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITY


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 23.5 kg/ 51 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Welcome to my new readers. 

It's never too late to change your life for better.

Intermittent Fasting. Maybe I over-thought myself yesterday. I had previously decided I would fast somewhere between every 7 and 10 days. yesterday fitted right in. I had thought about fasting the previous two days but did not feel like doing so. It happened so naturally yesterday that I was caught by surprise.

Today we are going to Thames. The sun is shining. we will have a nice day out including lunch. I intend to buy a lemon balm shrub. The leaves make a nice refreshing infusion which is supposed to be good for healing nerve damage. I need to buy more garlic too.

Reporting back............

We had a very nice day out. John took the small part for the bus into the engineer/mechanic so now we wait until it's ready. Maybe that will be excuse for another trip to Thames in a week or so. Otherwise they can courier it back to us. We went into our favourite Cafe for lunch but when we looked in the cabinet the wheat free choices did not appeal. There was plenty of choice if we wanted BLTs or Paninis using gluten free bread. We went on into town to Chequers, another favourite where there was plenty of choice including stuffed potato, beef hotpot, and two different kinds of frittata. We both decided on the hotpot and it was very satisfying with a nice salad on the side.

After lunch we went shopping. We had no real need to shop but being in a larger town always has us remembering things we would like. A very good way to blow the budget. John bought undies and I bought a new nightie. I bought a cute tiny dish shaped like a miniature targine, which I will keep our sea salt for the table in, and a white plate more suited than our patterned plates for the odd time I want to photograph food. John has been talking about buying a new printer for a while. The one we have is hard on ink and because we don't use it a lot the ink often dries out. We can't set it up straight away because first we have to find a spare USB cable, if we have one, that is. We went to the Warehouse and came out with more planters, including one that will hold about a dozen strawberry plants. Gardening here is becoming expensive. No Lemon Balm shrub.

We did the circuit of the Peninsula, (190 km/117 miles), calling it at Mum's house to see Jane and collect out mail on the way home. The vouchers Jackie sent had arrived. Some were for places we have never been to so that makes a reason to go. *smiles* Thank-you so much Jackie. We have a lot more reasons to think of you with pleasure.

We were home by 5pm and I had my steak with mushrooms and salad.+6

How did I do?

I ate a whole lot more than  yesterday but since I fasted yesterday I guess that was inevitable.

I did struggle a bit with nausea and that was possibly because my poor stomach did not have time to digest anything before we hit the road. I do get a little car sick sometimes. maybe I didn't should have had a glass of water with my lunch.

Breakfast:- Berry smoothie/thick shake


Lunch:- Beef hotpot with salad and cappuccino with sugar


Tea/Dinner:- Steak, mushrooms and salad. Piece of dark chocolate. Rice crackers with cream cheese.

Snacks:- ?

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 5
Cappuccino with sugar x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

20 minutes cross-trainer = 4.25 km

17.25/75 km for August


BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85



1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/198 lb
3RD AUGUST - 91 kg/200 lbs
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lbs

Weight loss history for 2012
January: - 10.5kg/23 lbs
February: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April: - 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May: - 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June: - 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July: - + 1 kg/2 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in September 1st



3 comments:

  1. Am glad you got them, and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This paragraph will help the internet visitors for building up new web site or even a weblog from
    start to end.
    Here is my web site ... buy hcg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure enjoy it when you post photos of New Zealand. It's such a beautiful country!! And the history is fascinating, like about Thames.
    What a blessing to live in such a beautiful place. :-)

    ReplyDelete