Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A DAY OUT


220 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 23.5 kg/ 51 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Today I added a page to this Blog called Weight which gives a rough record of my weight changes over the years. It's clear to me that if had I understood the affect wheat has on my body I would never be the weight I am today. Thank-goodness I discovered what starchy carbohydrates do before it's too late.

I've included a photo taken just over two years ago. There are no suitable photos of me when I was young and slim. I do not seem able to turn them into nice digital photos. There are also a couple of absolutely awful photos which I cannot bear to publish at this point. I got John to take photos of my in my swim suit. Yukk, Yukk, Yukk!

I will get some new swim suit ones as soon as the weather improves because I do believe they reveal a significant difference around my middle. One day, maybe to celebrate 2013 I will post the changes as a way of showing the difference between a Wheat Belly and a Not Wheat Belly. It all depends on how brave I feel.

I must get moving as we have an appointment in town at 11 am. At last the time has come to talk serious business with our bank and re-organise our mortgage. We have been locked into an interest rate of more than 8.6% when the current rate is 5.5% It's been so frustrating. A high penalty has meant it's never been worth breaking the original agreement. I'm not sure of the date we are able to change everything but it's early in October. Everything depends on the advise we get today.

Reporting back............

It's raining .....again.

Had a good day out. The sun made it better than usual.

It didn't take long to get things sorted at the bank and we could be looking at an interest rate of 4.99%

Talking of money .... it's a pity we have no spare cash right now. It's a good time to buy USA dollars with an exchange rate of about 82 cents NZ to the US dollar.

How did I do?

Fairly good. I did drink two cups of coffee so I hope it doesn't interfere with my sleep. We had lunch in town but our favourite Cafe with good gluten-free choices had taken our faves of the menu. I ordered a modified Moroccan chicken tortilla. I dislike wraps and their close relatives so it was easy to ask them to serve it without the wrap and like a salad on a plate. It was exactly how I wanted it with two little dishes, one of minty yoghurt dressing and the other hummus, on the side. John ordered a corn fritters stack which he found totally satisfying although it probably had wheat in the fritter batter. Jane had seafood chowder with toast. They do offer gluten free bread as an option.

Breakfast:- Frittata


Lunch:- Moroccan chicken salad


Tea/Dinner:- Frittata with extra bacon.

Snacks:- Almonds.

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x maybe 4 or 5
Black coffee x 1
Cappuccino x 1 with a teaspoon of sugar.

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *?*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km


BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85



1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/198 lb
3RD AUGUST - 91 kg/200 lbs
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lbs

Weight loss history for 2012
January: - 10.5kg/23 lbs
February: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March: - 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April: - 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May: - 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June: - 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July: - + 1 kg/2 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in September 1st





2 comments:

  1. MargieAnne! I think that picture form 2010 is beautiful! I do!!! :D If I looked that good, I'd have a mighty hard time losing weight. Course, I'm having a mighty hard time losing weight, anyway. :}

    The photo of your "not weight belly" made me laugh.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant the way you put taking a photo of "wheat belly" versus "not wheat belly" sigh. Not an already existent WEIGHT belly. snicker. And I've only had decaff...

    ReplyDelete