Sunday, July 1, 2012

SAILING ON THROUGH JULY AND HOPING IT DOESN'T GET TOO ROUGH

TODAY I WEIGH 90 KILOGRAM - 198 POUNDS

IT'S STILL WINTER,
SNOWING SOMEWHERE,
FREEZING THERE,
RAINING HERE
JULY IS USUALLY OUR COLDEST MONTH
BUT WE CAN GET NASTY COLD WINDS OFF THE SOUTH POLE
RIGHT THROUGH TO CHRISTMAS.
I HOPE THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE YEARS.

I ACHIEVED MY 2012 WEIGH LOSS GOAL IN SIX MONTHS

I REALLY DID NOT BELIEVE I COULD DO THIS

MY GOAL STATEMENT WAS ONE OF HOPE NOT FAITH


183 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 0 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING





TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs 


1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
         
Next Official Weigh-in August 1st

I've completed 6 months weight loss. During this period I went from eating very little wheat to almost no grains. My weight loss has been reasonably steady after the initial gob-smacking 23 pounds, or more loss, in January. I am now under 200 pounds and minimally under 90 kg.

Today I'm a wee bit disappointed that I didn't make my June goals. I only exercised on 10 out of the 30 days. My goal at the beginning of the month was to lose 3 kg, I lost 2.5kg. I really wanted to reach 89 kg/196 lbs and although I saw this number twice last week it was not to be on the day.

The good news is that I planned to lose 23 kg/50 lbs this year. I did it in 6 months. I can't expect to lose as quickly over the next 6 months but I do hope to lose 15 -18 kg, (33 -40 lbs), or an average of 3 kg/6 lbs per month. It's hard to imagine that I could weigh as little as 72 kg/158 lbs when 2012 closes. I have adjusted all my tickers to show these goals.

I'm fairly certain I need to weigh under 66 kg/146 lbs to get into my wedding dress. It looks possible but I will need to be vigilant, stay with my grain free plan and gradually increase my exercise levels. I am struggling with the idea of how achievable my dream is. It still feels as remote as winning Lotto but this is not based on chance.

For a time I will put dreaming aside and get on with the job. For me this is quite a dangerous period. I am at a weight I've settled at many times n the past 20 years. Once I have lost 3 more kg I will be in virgin territory... I might have weighed about 75 kg in 1989 when we were so busy with the Market Garden. I might have weighed around 75 kg after our daughter was born in 1967 but I'm fairly certain I haven't weighed less than 68 kg since 1965. I have a few clothes saved from way back and they will tell the real story when I get there.

I look at my fat body and wonder how all this fat will melt away according to The Plan.

Reporting Back ..............

I dithered over whether or not I should go to Church this morning. Finally with less than an hour to get ready I made up my mind, I'm glad I went although I felt a little bit cross and frustrated by a friend who has recently returned from Zimbawe. He went with a medical mission as a kind of gopher, prayer and support person. For an hour he showed slides of indifferent quality photos and waffled about the experience. I was shocked to learn he has been home two weeks and spoke without putting together his story in a lively way and editing his photos to go with it. He had a few days to spare in Zimbawe for sight seeing. He went to Victoria Falls. We saw a zillion blurry slides of water with faded out rainbows. He did nothing to draw us into his amazing experience. So disappointing. Fortunately the rest of the service made up for this.

I'm used to amatuerish church but am sick and tired of the lack of excellence. So many people think that if they follow the Holy Spirit all will be well but they do not prepare. All the people I know who run successful ministries do a lot of preparation. It's a bit like an artist expecting to win awards with raw talent and no training or practice runs.

HOW DID I DO?

Lunch seemed to keep me satisfied until quite late, in fact too late to have a proper meal. I'm only beginning to think about food now and it's 9 pm so rather late. I'll have a drink and go to bed with my second Dick Francis book.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:-   Cheese omelet with bacon and mushroom. Cherries and a couple of almonds.

Tea/Dinner:- None. 

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 2
Flavoured teas x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

I did get in a few minutes dancing at Church but not enough to be significant.

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 3 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer
2 x
3 x

0/103 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85




4 comments:

  1. haha. You said you're finally undeer 300 pounds. I think you meant 200. :D

    So, Congratulations and welcome to ONEderland! :D I hope to join you there soon.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAha! Deb your eyes are better than mine. Thank-goodness it was only a typo.


    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe... I noticed the "300" pounds too :) Congratulations anyway on the losses so far. I do think you should not worry too much about the wedding dress though, I know it is a goal and a dream but seriously - if you got to 75 kilos and looked great does it really matter about that dress?

    I am down again on Friday for a few days so might be able to pop in on the following week? I'll let you know anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for you... yay for getting into the one-sies!!

    ReplyDelete