Wednesday, July 11, 2012

IS IT MIND OVER MATTER?

A NEW VERSION OF EGG BAKE BASED ON A LASAGNE RECIPE
BUT USING BACON, PUMPKIN AND SPINACH INSTEAD OF LASAGNE SHEETS
IT NEEDS A TWEAK OR TWO BEFORE SHARING THE RECIPE


193 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

i feel so much better this morning. I can't decide whether it's in my head or whether it really is physical. I took the first potassium tablet at teatime last night and another this morning with breakfast. Suddenly small tasks that I didn't want to know about were done without even thinking of them as a chore. I've a long way to go to feel as though my house is in order again but if this continues I will be able to do it. All kinds of things have been neglected as just being too much trouble and not worth the effort. 

The house would be a pigsty if it were not for John. Often I only need to mention that I'm thinking of dong something or that something or other needs doing and John does it. Not without complaining I must admit, but he gets it done. I really appreciate him for this because I would never cope with my down times if he wasn't so good. Sometimes it drives me nuts. It makes me feel lazy or guilty and increases my levels of frustration no end. But I know I'm truly blessed to have a man like John.

There are so many things I take for granted and do without a thought. All had become chores and doing them had become as difficult as climbing a mountain. Getting dressed, putting clothes away, cleaning my teeth, making my breakfast smoothie and more. I couldn't understand why I felt so fatigued. Eating the way we do and losing so much weight I expected to be bouncing around with oodles of energy. Instead I often felt equally as bad or worse than at my heaviest weight when my health was obviously in decline. Time will tell if I've fixed the problem. I will see how I go day by day and if t continue to feel alive and energetic I will know it was the low potassium level. I can't blame my Dr. because I didn't tell her how bad I felt. I didn't want her probing too much into our eating lifestyle lest I found myself defending my almost grain free stance, my non-avoidance of natural fats and higher protein consumption.

One day I will reveal all but first I want to have numbers that justify my claim that this is healthy. I know how well my body is responding but it will take a sustained performance to prove it to others. I don't know anyone close to my age who has made these radical changes so I am an experiment. I use guidelines that I believe in. Not that I consider the changes radical anymore because they are well backed up by good science. Unfortunately tradition demands that the food pyramid remains the ideal standard with grains being the foundation of good nutrition. The truth is there is nothing in grains that cannot be found in other more healthful foods and no-one becomes ill from deleting grains from their diet providing they eat other whole foods.

I must take photos of me in my new clothes in the next few days. I'm rapt with the change. For the first time in years I'm not afraid to show a little tummy. I don't need to hide under loose clothes and long tunic tops. It was a revelation to me how good I look when I wear something a little more fitting than my usual. I have such a long way to go I never dreamt I could wear fitting clothes just yet. I guess I've spent about $250 which is quite a lot but it was a wardrobe boost badly needed. I am dreaming of buying fashionable clothes that don't cost a fortune again. Imagine that. All of the clothes I bought were from the normal range, some being large but no XLs. I look at all the fat still hanging on and feel despair. I look at the labels and in the mirror and smile. This is working. For the first time ever I am confident I will achieve a normal and healthy weight.

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE

Reporting back............

Nothing much happening here. I did tire as the day went on but still think it has been my best day for a while.

How did I do

Still no exercise but that will come allin good time if I continue to feel more lively. I'm not pushing it.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Soup, last piece of the eggy bake and salad


Tea/Dinner:- Beef pot-roast, carrots green beans and a small spoon of mashed potato.

Snacks:- Custard made with eggs and cornflour, berries

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 3 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

5/103 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.

Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
   
Next Official Weigh-in August 1st




4 comments:

  1. Now that was a great, positive post!! You said that you didn't know anyone else your age doing this but Jenny (who is younger than you but in her 60s) is doing this with great results. I am so happy about you in your new clothes!! What a boost to your confidence.

    You know, I've read your blog for a long time and I am so impressed with how positive this lifestyle has made you - you really are winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you're feeling better! You have made some tremendous progress, and you should be very happy with yourself and your new clothes will certainly help. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the upswing continues!
    Yes, looking forward to those photos of you wearing your new duds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to chuckle at your post re the clothes....I too for the first time in years don't worry about my shape. I wish now that I hadn't worn a loose top for my daughters wedding as you couldn't see that I have changed shape or rather that I now have a shape LOL I have worn loose clothes and XL for so long now that I stll don't always get my head around it LOL Yep I am mid 60's and Jim is heading to 67 so we aren't far behind you in age to be doing this way of eating with great results :)
    Great that you are feeling so much better. I must look into that potassium.......as we both have a diruetic in our blood pressure medication and in the past used to have a banana every day but not for a while now. Maybe that is why some days we are tired too.......never thought of the connection until reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete