Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'M GLAD THE DAY IS OVER


ANOTHER REMINDER OF THE BEACH WHEN THE SUN SHINES
WE HAD ANOTHER DAMP AND MISTY DAY WITH HEAVY RAIN AT TIMES.

207 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Further to yesterday's post I cannot for the life of me understand people who get stuck in a mind-set. Learning is fun. I love stretching my brain. Sometimes it takes you to places you may not want to go but it's always possible to pull back from something and agree to disagree.

I've done this with my sister's beliefs. I accept that she believes what she does but I'll never follow her. I guess it's a little different because we're talking spiritual belief. I believe I understand to some degree where she is coming from and some of it borders on insanity. I no longer argue with her or try to prove her wrong. Either she will come to her senses or I am wrong.

When it comes to things like nutrician and metabolism the story is a little different. There is a wealth of scientific study backed up with research and anecdotal experience. Science is knowledge and has been around since time began, truth building on truth.

Not one of us are free from becoming closed to growing knowledge. We all feel more comfortable with traditional thinking and are threatened by anything new.

Nearly 40 years ago I went to a doctor who put me on a stone age diet. I think I was supposed to follow up with testing for food intolerances and allergies. How I wish I had understood more and followed through. At the time it all seemed a bit airy-fairy and I struggled with the diet. I will excuse myself by saying that I was a busy mother with 4 children aged 13, 11, 7 and 2 years old. I told my   regular doctor about this and he told me the doctor who was helping me was a charlaton. Try as I might this coloured my attitude. We were all learning. It's taken me till now to understand where this doctor coming from. There was no internet back then. The internet can lead us up the garden path. It can also open our minds.

Loretta left a comment yesterday that puts what I'm saying so badly in a quote by Tolstoy.


Yep... diet is a touchy topic. I remember years ago being told the wrong stuff, and paying the price now healthwise for following it. Yet when I first started hearing "no sugar, no flour" is the answer, boy I didn't want to hear it either! Hey, they were trying to take my "fix" away!!

Well, I recently had a weird comment at my blog, and I gave them this quote from Tolstoy...He said: "I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives."

Tolstoy must've known some vegetarians...

Reporting back............

I've had a weird day. No excuse. I stayed in bed till early afternoon, reading, neither eating nor drinking. About 2 pm I put together some lunch with left-overs. I realised later, around tea-time, I'd had nothing to drink. How weird is that? Since than I've eaten an apple and some cheese and had a couple of drinks. Our daughter-in-law spent today in hospital. She's home tonight. The baby had died 4 weeks ago. I'm glad she didn't have to stay in any longer. We rang a florist in Christchurch and arranged for a bouquet made up with some of her favourite colours to be delivered.

I hate it that we are so far away from them. I am exceedingly grateful for phones, and being able to text. I doubt if Amanda wanted to talk to me today but we did send a few texts.

We had a long chat a few days ago and Amanda told me the Midwives are starting to keep personal records of the pregnancies that are not running to full term in Christchurch. They don't know whether it's just one of those things or not but they are obviously concerned by the number of their mothers whose babies are dying in the early stages of pregnancy. There is some discussion about whether this is another aspect of the aftermath of the earthquakes.

No-one wants to talk about physical health risks associated with the earthquakes although a lot has been said about Post Trauma Stress. I'm sure there are many opportunities for all kinds of research. The long or even short term effects of living in a cloud of fine liquifaction dust will no doubt be evaluated in time. We have been in Christchurch when the cloud of dust hangs over the eastern suburbs causing a permanent haze.

How did I do?



Breakfast:- None

Lunch:- Bacon and cabbage

Tea/Dinner:- Apple and cheese

Snacks:- Almonds, piece dark chocolate

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*


BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in August 1st



2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you and yours.

    And I love that quote from Tolstoy. I read it when Loretta posted it on her blog. I am fairly certain that the commenter Retta made that reply to had no idea what Retta was actually saying to her. It was too funny.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't even connected the earthquakes and all that with the loss of your grandchild. But you're right, that kind of stress, and perhaps airborne toxins could be involved. I know that can't take the pain of the loss away, but I'm hoping it can give a ray of hope that future pregnancies will be healthy. In the meantime, may God pour out His healing and comfort on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete