Friday, July 20, 2012

GROCERY SHOPPING DEFERRED




201 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Mum's house is cold. Today we will go home and get our gas heater. I have the electric heater going but it doesn't make enough difference and my eye is bothering me. In fact it is so painful I have taken paracetamol. When my eye is hurting I feel miserable all over. Sorry about moaning but that's the truth. I'm struggling with my normal breakfast. It is too chilly to really enjoy my berry smoothie which I make with a handful of frozen berries, 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 scoop whey protein powder and heaped dessert spoon of Greek yoghurt. I think I'll have a cheese omelet.

Currently I feel bloated. I can't see any particular reason but I think it's time to cut out all bacon, (processed meats), potato, (starches), and make sure I eat some leafy veggies everyday. In paticular I'm not eating leafy green salads with my main meals. They just don't go well in this cooler weather but I think my body needs them. It's not back to the drawing board but time to pull out the way I was eating earlier this year. The seemingly small changes count. Although my food is healthy whole foods, not everything I eat is helpful.

Reporting back............

Did I write that my sister came back yesterday for another visit? I hoped she would stay for a while and maybe we could go through the house deciding what to do about things. I would have liked to have some quality time with her, just hanging out being sisters. But .... she is on a mission. She believes she has this special task to inform others and hopefully convert them to her beliefs. Apparently she came up to give me some other stuff to read. I admitted I have not read the last book she gave me because it seemed like gobbeldy gook. I hope I didn't offend her too much but I had to tell her it didn't sit well with my own faith which is founded on the Bible. She would have known that before she even began to give me these things to read. She hasn't brought out this other stuff which she believes is so important for me to have so maybe she has given up on me. She's going home tomorrow. I enjoyed her company, so sad it's another brief visit.

Today was cloudy with a steely grey sky. We decided to pop home and get the gas heater so I suggested we all go and have lunch at our favoutite restaurant, Castle Rock Cafe. Lynn is vegetarian and John and I wheat free and Chef Andy was delighted to cook my sister an off menu dish with beautiful mushrooms. I had the yummiest warm beef salad and John had a burger without the bun. We were so well satisfied that John and I didn't eat again until well into the evening. We got ourselves a serve of plain Greek yoghurt each. John had canned apricots with his and I warmed through some frozen berries with a touch of honey.

How did I do?

Foodwise I did well. I don't think I had as many drinks as perhaps I should. I enjoyed today.

Breakfast:- Cheese omelet

Lunch:- Warm beef salad with lots of green stuff and just enough coriander to make it interesting.

Tea/Dinner:- Greek yoghurt with berries and honey

Snacks:- 4 rice crackers with butter

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4
Cappuccino with sugar x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes/no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 3 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

5/103 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.

Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in August 1st




1 comment:

  1. You know... with my whole heart I believe that our prayers are never wasted. My 89 year old Father prayed with a pastor ON HIS DEATH BED to ask Jesus into his heart.

    Another true story: years ago when my sister and I were at Medical Assisting school, we freely shared our Christian beliefs with anyone interested. One man openly and often make us the butt of his jokes the whole time were were there. On the LAST DAY of school, right before graduation ceremonies, as we were all casually sitting around chatting, he turned to my sister and quietly asked: Is this for anybody?? And right there in class, sitting off to the side with him, my sister quitetly led Him in prayer to meet Jesus.

    We just never know what's going INSIDE a persons heart. I agree with you in prayer for God to invade your sister's life with His love and truth and open the eyes of her heart, and to be set free from deception, and to meet the lover of her soul. Mercy and grace, mercy and grace. :-)

    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete