Sunday, July 29, 2012

MY WORST EATING DAY IN A LONG TIME



GERANIUM HIDING BEHIND THE DAFFODIL IN YESTERDAY'S PHOTO


210 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Jane fllies home from Bali tomorrow and we expect her to arrive home in the early morning hours of Monday. Our time here is nearly over but we will possibly stay on for another few days before going home.

We spent the whole morning watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Loved every minute of it.

I know the Olympics inspire many young people to dream and work toward their own Gold Medal.  There has been some discussion about how it stimulates an interest in sport and encourages many people to become more active. I don't know about that. For the next sixteen days TV time will double and triple in our house.

I finally chopped the veggies for soup last night. A couple of days ago we had the meat of a bacon hock which had been cooked in the Slow Cooker. I added pickling spices, honey, dash of cider vinegar, quartered apple, large onion and a couple of carrots to cook the hocks. Last night I scooped out the over-cooked veggies and apple from the liquid and began adding diced carrot, parsnip, kumera, (sweet potato), celery and pumpkin, diced lightly caramelised onion and let it simmer away for a few hours. A taste test nearly blew my head off. The pickling spice had a bit of dried chilli in it and the heat was Wowee! Too much heat for me and all I could do was hope it would mellow with time. Normally I would have stained the liquor. It's a very tasty soup but I'm trying it for lunch with some trepidation.

Reporting back............

The soup is yummy but it does catch in my throat every now and then.

How did I do?

A bad eating day. Not sure what is going on my me head is just not in the right place. I didn't record properly but my food consisted of 2 slices of gluten free toast, omelet, bacon, cheese, soup, chocolate, almonds, potato and kumera mash,  pork roasted onion and apple in white wine, lots of crackling, glass of wine, 2 large dishes of icecream and possibly more that I've forgotten.

I seem to be on a fast boat to undermining my weight loss. It's a worry. Add to that no exercise feeling cold half of the time and any other excuses you like to add in.


1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in August 1st



2 comments:

  1. You know, MargieAnne, you've done so well for so long that a bad day seems very bad indeed. But it is one day...and you've had a recent heartache that aches, still.

    I'm thinking a let down was in the cards. hang on. You'll get back on track.

    Prayers.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be to hard on yourself, the weather makes us do silly things, well that's my excuse :)

    ReplyDelete