Sunday, July 22, 2012

STILL RAINING


YELOOW PANSIES BRIGHTEN A DULL DAY


204 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

I really appreciate the comforting comments left for me yesterday. We spoke to our son today and they are doing as well as they can. We have flights booked to go to Christchurch from September 13 to 25th. I have a feeling we might be going in August as well. We'll make a decision about that after Jane comes home next weekend. Our friends at Otama have someone else to look after their dog and two cats. I'm glad about that because we weren't really looking forward to staying there this year. The house can be cold at this time of the year. It is built on the side of a steep hill and has too many steps and stairs.

We had noisy weather last night and most of today. This afternoon it cleared up a bit and now it's pouring with rain, the sea is roaring and there's a bit of wind. I didn't feel like going out so no church.

Reporting back............

Our tea tonight was delicious but I can't guarantee I can make it ever again. I put together two things which were not quite right. I had a cabbage that needed cooking so chopped it up and cooked it more or less according to my Flavoursome Cabbage recipe. I had two chicken breasts in the freezer which I got out yesterday but when I went to cook tea they were so big I only used one. I decided to marinate the other one and made up a marinade of lemon zest, lemon juice, grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon honey, olive oil and freshly ground pepper. I cut the chicken into fairly large chunks and put it with the marinade in a sealed bag in the fridge. I tipped the whole lot into a small pan. When the chicken was cooked I added 3 or 4 ladles of cooked cabbage mixture and a bit cream. I had no idea whether it was a concoction that would work or not. We both went back for seconds. Fortunately it wasn't a huge recipe otherwise we might have been greedy. It was a little sweet and sour with a good hint of ginger.

I'm quite sure it had more carbs than are good for me but it was tasty and healthy whole food. I'm considering following the Thirty Day Meal Plan in Rob Wolf''s The Paleo Solution, The Original Human Diet. The only thing is, can I do it properly if we end up going to Christchurch in the next month? I think I can start tomorrow although again I'll probably do my own thing regarding breakfast. We'll see. I need to think it over a little more.

How did I do?

Another nice lazy day with lots of time for reading and studying Rob Wolf's book.

Breakfast:- Cheese omelet

Lunch:- 2 hard boiled eggs

Tea/Dinner:- Lemony ginger chicken and flavoursome cabbage

Snacks:- Almonds and dried apricot, camembert

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 6

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 3 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

5/103 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.

Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in August 1st




4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. I have just caught up on my blog reading so didn't see yesterdays post until just now. I know how hard it is and the feelings you have at the moment are totally normal. We sometimes never know the reason why things happen in this world but know that I am thinking of you and your family and hope that sooner rather than later this will become much easier to bear and that before too long there will be the sound of another little heart beating strongly for all to hear and one that will result in that much wanted baby and grand baby :)
    Big big hugs xx
    ps.....that chicken dish sounded yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie, There's a song at the bottom of my blog's sidebar. I think you've listened to it before--it may be time again. Clicko n the picture of a young woman standing alone in a storm drenched land.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of the loss of your first grandchild.
    Scans are usually totally right unfortunately.
    I like your new haircut too.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you will get to go spend some time with your son and daughter in law. I'm sure they can use the understanding and support. I also hope it helps you with the grieving process, too.

    I listened yesterday and today to an interview Jimmy Moore did of Robb Wolf ... I listened to it a couple of times, it was that good. I don't remember hearing him before, and haven't read his book. I was surprised at how balanced his approach is. I agree with a lot of what he said, and he also explained some things in a different way, different from what the usual low carb approach is. Very very interesting. I might have to visit his website for more. :-)

    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete