Saturday, July 21, 2012

LOOKING FOR THE RAINBOW


MORE RAIN


203 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

Yesterday turned sour. We are coping with the latest family news and we're so very sad and heartbroken for our son and his wife. They went for their baby scan and there is no heartbeat. I haven't spoken to them yet as they needed time together to deal with this. We are all devastated and I know it's wrong but I'm questioning the goodness of God.

While we were in the car on Tuesday I had a lovely time talking in my heart with God and had a beautiful sense of His pleasure towards us. Then this.

Of course I cannot turn from my faith but it's a shock and a disappointment in a long line of big ones. I know it is not unusual to lose a baby, especially the first one, and they could easily be expecting again in another few months but this is a terrible blow and another grief to bear. Their joy was wonderful to see. They've been married more than 10 years and had delayed starting their family for a variety of reasons including the devastating Christchurch Earthquakes. This baby brought us all hope for the future. I know our hope is in God but it seemed that at long last our family was turning a corner.

There is nothing like the joy of a first baby and now it's gone.

I keep praying the scan was wrong. One hears of  miracles. Could this be ours? Faith or wishful thinking?

Times like this it's hard not to cry out, "Why us God."

I am struggling to turn away from the negative and look to God for comfort. It's as though my head and my heart are overtaken and encompassed by a huge balloon of grief for our son and his wife and their first baby, our first grandchild. Life is not fair.

Reporting back............


How did I do?



Breakfast:- Cheese omelet

Lunch:- Mushroom, baby spinach and creamy cheese toss together in the pan

Tea/Dinner:- Chicken Breast in creamy mushroom and soinach sauce with spoonful of potato and carrot mash

Snacks:- Almonds

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 6

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km


BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in August 1st




3 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I'm so sorry, MargieAnne, so sorry indeed. You are in my prayers. This is just so hard.

    Despite your questions, God will comfort you as you lean into Him. We may never know the reason for this loss, but there is one. Take your grief and despair to the only One who can provide true comfort.

    As hard as it may be to fight it, don't let this terrible loss cause you to withdraw from the God for, if you do, you will be withdrawing from the only place where restoration and healing are found.

    But you know that.

    Again, I am so sorry. Let yourself grieve and be sad. Don't try to figure it all out now--that will only bring frustration. Be sad, so that you may also be comforted.

    Such a hard thing. I speak healing to you and your family in Jesus' Name.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news.. for you, for your son and daughter in law. You've had so many hard things to deal with, and now this.

    When you wrote "life is not fair", all I could think of was... you're right, it's not. And I wanted to encourage you to allow yourself to grieve. Deb said it wonderfully, so I won't try to repeat it.

    May God wrap you and your family in his arms of comfort, and heal your broken hearts.
    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the sad news... take care xx

    ReplyDelete