Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DAY 199 JULY 17TH


WE MADE A PHOTO STOP AT TURUA
LOOKING ACROSS THE THAMES RIVER
LATE AFTERNOON SUN ON THE COROMANDEL RANGE

199 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

We enjoyed the drive. I had lots of thinking time. something new will be added in the next few day.

Left home just before 9 am as planned. Checked in at the Neurological Clinic with 30 seconds to spare. It was a good walk from the car park and we started out by getting confused about which level we were on. We tried several times to go up, then down in the elevator when all the time we had parked on the level we wanted. Haha! It was 5.45 pm when we arrived back home. I'm tired but the coffee is keeping me awake but at least I can relax now.

I have noticed a pattern of anxiety which sets in a week or so prior to these medical appointments. They almost paralyse me and as the day draws closer I do not sleep well. I know logically that the visit is more than likely routine and the more I try to control the anxiety with reason and suppression the worse it gets. I should learn to speak it out. Anxiety will lose it;s power once named and confessed.

The Neurological Registrar who saw me was quite thorough, asked lots of questions and I understood he said something about the basal ganglia being calcified but my research on that doesn't make sense so I'll forget about it because it's not a problem unless I get serious headaches or have other changes in movement or behaviour. Sounds weird and I think it is nothing that hasn't always been there. He was very negative about my chance of recovery from Bells Palsy. I'm glad I know that there is still plenty of time before I need consider the possibility of it becoming permanent. Plus I believe in the power of God to heal. He ordered another fasting blood, this time for their hospital records. And he admonished me because I will not take statins. I didn't argue but I have not changed my mind about them either.

How did I do?

I managed reasonably well. We need to find a different restaurant in Morrinsville. 

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Thai chicken on rice ..... ate very little of the rice. I wish I'd asked for a side salad and No rice. Curry was only just edible. Cappuccino

Tea/Dinner:- Eggy bake

Snacks:- black coffee and a large banana.

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4
Cappuccino with sugar
Black coffee

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 3 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

5/103 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.

Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in August 1st




3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what does he think a statin will achieve with you? Does he not know that you live longer with higher cholesterol (when you are older). I think we all get anxious whenever we see medical professionals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sorry he didn't give you better news re the Bells Palsy. I'm glad you did your own research on it, because at least you have some hope and know there is yet time.
    And I agree... even so, with God there is always hope! He can bring information your way... bump you into someone who could help... give you an idea... or just DO it out of the blue! I've actually experienced all of those in my lifetime, so it's not theory. :-D When I pray for you, I just ask God to do whatever He knows is best for healing and restoration, and help you relax in Him and smooth out any stress.
    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the statin's I don't and won't take them either! I believe they contributed to the Hemi Facial Spasms, I had, which is sort of like Bells Palsy. I pray you will fully recovery

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete