Friday, July 13, 2012

BOOKS AND A KINDLE


THIS WILL BE OUR VIEW TOMORROW....
EXCEPT WE EXPECT IT TO BE CLOUDY

195 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE 

 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........

I bought a new laptop a few months ago after dropping and killing the one I was using. Fortunately our insurance came to the party and the only things I am sad about loosing are about six months worth of photos which I had neglected to back-up. I noticed there seemed to be a Kindle on this computer. I wasn't sure whether it was properly loaded so I ignored it until today. I've wanted to buy books from Amazon several times and the difference between the cost of buying a book and P & P to New Zealand compared with the a Kindle purchase finally won me over. I made a very modest purchase. I think it was less than $5.00 to buy The Smarter Science Of Slim Workbook by Jonathon Bailor. I'm glad that's all it cost because I doubt if I will ever use it but I wanted to know more about what is in his book. The good news is that it has given me confidence to buy other books for the Kindle. 

Here's the link to Jonathon Bailor's Blog

One reason I have been reluctant to consider trying out the Kindle is the possibility of losing the Books if my computer crashes. I wonder if I can back up the Kindle to my external storage.

I also have a couple of books on PDF file that came from Destiny Publishing. I get the odd free book which I'm supposed to read and leave a review somewhere. I've not got around to reading any of the books until today when I read nearly a third of one of them. I like to read in bed before going to sleep. That doesn't work too well with the laptop. Another reason for neglecting to read these books is that I thought it would be too hard on my eyes but the PDF files are no strain at all.

Reporting back............

It's several days now since I last took my prescrition for acid reflux. Tonight I need one. My own fault. I've been eating freshly baked flax meal bread. It is low in carbs but I covered the slices in butter and raspberry jam. This is a blip. It seems that my gut really is beginning to heal after six months wheat free but I still need to be careful. 

How did I do?

I'm still working out how any potassium tablets I need. It seems as though I need at least two a day at present. I still haven't done very much except prepare some food and eat and read. 

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Lettuce and salami sandwich made with flax bread.

Tea/Dinner:- Beef casserole. Flax bread with butter and jam

Snacks:- Walnuts

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 3 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

5/103 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.

Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs

Next Official Weigh-in August 1st




4 comments:

  1. You need not fear losing the Kindle books! :D Kindle automatically keeps copies for you. If your computer crashes, you will still be able to access all of your books via another computer jut by logging into your account.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good information. Which helps people to cut down the weight from body. People ensure that more weight invites so many disease like heart attack, asthma etc.

    akupunktur ile zayiflama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm GLAD to hear you are resting. Almost everywhere you read trumpets the virtues of work hard, exercise hard, train hard, etc etc etc. But in a book I read recently that author talked about times when the body needs to rest, get cortisol and stress levels DOWN, in order to heal. So... a time for all things.

    I'm glad you are enjoying reading while you rest. I have the Kindle for Mac on my computer, and love how much cheaper the books are. It would be more convenient, though, it they were on a portable device. Kinda hard to drag my desktop computer to bed with me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What type of Laptop did you get that has the Kindle. My Laptop is on it's last legs and wont be long before I will be replacing it.
    Great that you are resting but still getting done what you want. Hope you enjoy the change of scenery....it looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete