Thursday, July 12, 2012

DAY 194 JULY 12TH



194 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE -

 2 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs


Thoughts for the day..........


Not so bright today. Maybe it was the cloudy cool weather, maybe I should be taking extra potassium for another day or two. The recommended dose is a single tablet a day but perhaps it won't hurt to take one morning and evening for 3 or 4 days. I know that many people eat a banana a day to counteract the effects of the diuretic but I don't want to add in a fruit which is so rich in carbohydrates. Not only that but my normal diet has plenty of potassium rich foods. If a low potassium level is affecting my energy I will take another tablet until I get my blood pressure medication changed.

We are shifting into Mum's house on Saturday morning till the end of the month while Jane is on holiday. There are two beautiful ragdoll cats to look after and since one is mine it's the least we can do. We got Katie and Lexie for Mum four years ago after her cat was killed on the road. I knew that one day I would have to take responsibility for them. As long as we own the house and Jane lives there the cats can stay in their home. We will enjoy the beautiful views of Mercury Bay. When Jane returns we will pack up and go to our friend's house at Otama overlooking another beautiful beach. We have been asked to house-sit for the month of August caring for their dog, Lucky and two cats, Pumpkin and Tiggy. The owners are off to holiday and catch up with family in USA. I can't wait for it to be our turn but first we have to decide how to sell Mum's house.

There are so many things I wanted to do before we leave home but I guess we will come back at least once a week to check on things. This fatigue is a complication I don't need.

Reporting back............


It's been another very lazy day.

How did I do?


Food OK. No exercise. Too much computer time. Too much time in my recliner.


Breakfast:- None

Lunch:-  Omelet with bacon

Tea/Dinner:- Roast beef with roast veggies and bok choi

Snacks:- Custard made with eggs and cornflour, berries

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes/no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 3 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

5/103 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.

Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss history for 2012
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
 
Next Official Weigh-in August 1st




1 comment:

  1. wow can't believe it has been 4 years since you got the ragdolls. It feels like yesterday and I remember how much joy they brought to your mum :) thinking of you often even though I don't get around to your blog as much as Id like. xox

    ReplyDelete