Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DAY 185 MAKING DREAMS COME TRUE



185 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 1 DAYS OUT OF 31  EXERCISING


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 24.5 kg/ 54 lbs 

I struggled to write this post. I think I know what I mean but my readers may not.


I came across some words of wisdom recently. When I was younger I understood the value of finding one's dream. ...'Without a vision the people perish' 

I thought that was the beginning and end of the matter. I believed that if you found your dream and let it become your passion you would one day live the dream. How naive I have been.

A dream is only the beginning. Letting it become your passion is not even half the story.

We must take the most important step and act. I can't say it better than this.

It's possible to do anything in this life when we put our minds to it and make our actions match our dreams.


I'm sorry I did not record where I copied this from so cannot acknowledge the original writer.

Years ago I chose an email address based on this Bible verse .......

'Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and outstretched arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee.'


from Jeremiah 32:16-18 in the King James version.

Many times I locked myself up in hope and faith, hanging on like a free climber clinging to a rock face by bare fingers and toes. 


A friend gave me the following verse from Proverbs 23:18 at the time of my water baptism.

There is surely a future hope for you,
    and your hope will not be cut off.



In many ways I still cling to that rock wall hoping for better things.


When my father was dying with cancer and other serious and difficult things were going on in our family and business Psalm 37 brought great comfort.



Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

Later I found great beauty and comfort in Paul's prayer for the Epehesians, chapter 3.


14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,  may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

There is a theme here. I blindly put my faith in God and trusted but I did not always fully engage my mind to make my actions match my dreams.

I'm not saying I took no action toward seeing my dreams fulfilled but as I read the words 'make my actions match my dreams,' I realised something new.

I have tended to live in my dreams, a fantasy world.  

First the dream, then the passion and mind engagement followed by actions. It all fits together like a hand in a glove. 

When I relate this to the mundane problems of weight and health I see the connection through a clearing fog. 

The dream, the impossible dream, is to wear my wedding dress.

My passion, which has become an obsession, is to lose enough weight to achieve the dream.

My mind sometimes gets lost in the obsession. I modified the dream, from necessity, to improving my health. This brought action.

Maybe I need to modify the drean again to make it easier to nake my actions match the dream. Wearing my wedding dress again is a bit like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

My focus is on health. I do dream of being fit enough for gentle hiking and travel. Whether we do this in New Zealand, close to home or around the country, or overseas, I need to be healthy and active.

I can change my focus and it will help me achieve 




It's possible for me to enjoy a long and active life when I put my mind to it and make my actions match my dreams.

My actions include continuing to eat healthy food and regularly exercising to heal my body.



HOW DID I DO?

A quiet day at home. No exercise and probably not enough to eat or drink.

Breakfast:- 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch:- 2 hard boiled eggs mashed with salad dressing and gherkins on flax bread, 

Tea/Dinner:- John made me a cheese and bacon sandwich with flax bread. Recipe tomorrow

Snacks:- Rice crackers with the  left over mashed up ehggs from lunch. almonds 

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 3 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km 
2 x
3 x

2/103 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85



1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb
1ST JULY 7.30 am - 90 kg/ 198 lb
Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
         
Next Official Weigh-in August 1st





3 comments:

  1. Well said. Thank you. Read of the earthquake in the north island there. Trust things are well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where you are coming from and what you are trying to say :) It isn't enough to just dream.....we do have to act to make those dreams come true or even to strive for them. Maybe the time has come to stop foccussing on that wedding dress and focus instead on health.....then maybe everything will fall into place and without even trying for "that" dream it will happen as part of health you will achieve. Hope that makes some sort of sense :)
    Blessings to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that "Make my actions match my dreams". That's good. I once heard a psychologist, who was dealing with a very over weight individual say, "Weight follows actions".

    ReplyDelete