Saturday, June 9, 2012

A WONDERFUL FAMILY DAY






161 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 

John and I left home just after 9 am and picked up our daughter half an hour later before driving on to Matamata. We were very concerned about the weather which was sunny with some very cold showers thrown in. Twenty-five family members gathered to bury Mum's ashes at the Matamata Cemetery. It was cold and showery so we didn't waste too much time. My sister, who had organised everything, read a prayer of dedication. We placed Mum's ashes in the prepared hole and various family shovelled in the soil. The farmers made sure we did it properly, smoothing and tamping down the soil until it was nice and level and ready for the final grass sod. This all only took a few minutes under umbrellas. From the youngest one there,  my 3 year old great-nephew, and the oldest, my uncle, Mum's 93 year old brother, they all helped.

I think we all feel happier now that we have laid Mum to rest with a Memorial Plaque to both Mum and Dad. Mum died at the end of January this year while my father died in 1974 of lung and liver cancer. Mum lived 37.5 years without her beloved husband. They were married in 1937 so Mum was on her own for as long as they were together.

We returned to our cars as quickly as possible to get out of the cold wind and met again at the Kaimai Cheese Factory Cafe where 3 tables were reserved for us. We received excellent service and everyone was very happy with their meals. John and I had eggs benedict on potato mash patties instead of toast. John had bacon with his and I had 2 large portabello mushrooms. I was impressed by the service. We had personal service from a waitress while their normal counter service continued. We chatted and caught up with each other for about 2 hours before people started drifting off some to other things others to travel home. I think one of my nephews was driving back to Orewa so he had quite a long day, maybe more than 6 hours total in the car.

John and I left our daughter with cousins who will take her home tomorrow. We went on to Rotorua, where we are staying in a very nice Motel/Lodge/B & B overlooking Ohinemutu Village and the lake. This is quite up-market compared with our usual choice. I booked through Wotif a discount site when they were having some 3 day specials. I'm hoping we will have a clear morning tomorrow so I can take photos from the deck.

We weren't very hungry so a light snack of my most recent version of Frittata was enough.

There have been a few requests for my recipes. Thank-you for thinking they might be good enough to try. I have put a link on the side-bar to My Food where you can check out my published recipes and links to other recipe Blogs. I need to tidy it up and index it now that I'm being more active. I also need to take down one or two stolen recipes and post links to the originals. That's another job for a rainy day.

We are finishing the day in comfort. John was able to sit back and watch the Irish v All Blacks rugby game at Eden Park, Auckland, live on Skysport. Of course the All Blacks won, 42 - 10.

HOW DID I DO?

It's been a good day.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:-   Egg benedict on potato mash with mushroom. Black coffee.

Tea/Dinner:- Frittata

Snacks:- Slice coconut loaf with hummus

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 4
Coffee Americano, large black

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

58/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete