Sunday, June 10, 2012

OUR QUIET DAY IN ROTORUA


SUNRISE OVER LAKE ROTORUA THIS MORNING

THERMAL STEAM RISING IN THE COOL MORNING AIR


Inside our apartment
There has an art deco theme.




161 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 

I had thought I might go to church this morning. Our penthouse overlooks Rotorua Lake and the church is right in front of us on the next street. But....  I woke up tired. I was thinking about going to bed last night when a noisy group of people began making a racket on the street we are on. It wasn't at all pleasant and I kept wondering how safe our car was, whether I should call the police and whether it was simply people being nasty and yelling at each other or a drunken brawl. For an hour they drifted up and down the street before it became quiet and peaceful again. I took longer to settle.

John took a photo of the sun rising over the lake and later I took some photos including the steam rising up in between the houses. Ohinemutu is an active thermal area and when we go outside there is the familiar sulphur smell. I wanted to take one of the church caught in afternoon sun but there wasn't any.

Jackie and David were able to come here. I appreciated that, because I really did not want to go out. Jackie and I have known each other through our internet connections since somewhere around 2000. We first met in Auckland at a gathering of people from the Slimming For Life web site. In those days it was a flourishing group and quite a few successfully reached their goal weights. There were some big losers and I'm still in touch with two others as well as Jackie. We had a lovely visit. It's so nice when the men get on well. I think they did more talking than Jackie and I.

Greg, our son, came here this afternoon too. It was lovely to have some time with him even if we did spend most of it watching TV. Unfortunately he couldn't use the bathroom here because the door is too narrow for his wheelchair. We had some tea and I packed up the meatloaf and what was left of the frittata for him to take home. I must pay more attention to the facilities next time we stay in Rotorua. In recent years Greg has become more dependent on his chair. He can stand and walk short distances on crutches but as he grows older his arms are not standing up to carrying his weight. It doesn't help that he has gained weight. Greg is a paraplegic, result of a motor bike accident when he was 21.

HOW DID I DO?

It's not good to not have enough sleep. I've been really tired and nodded off this afternoon. I have also felt cold most of the day. I wanted to pick at food and did a really dumb thing. John had to go out and fill the car with petrol so I asked him to get us Trumpets for dessert. Trumpets! Icecream in waffle cones. All that wheat and sugar!!!! I didn't even register the wheat until I shared them around and there was no way I was not going to eat mine once I had it in my hand. I guess it's not that much of a big deal but it just shows how easy it is to slip something off plan through.

I'll go to bed early, as soon as this is posted.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:-   Hummus on cucumber, frittata, coconut bread and butter, small piece of meatloaf.

Tea/Dinner:- Frittata, cherry tomatoes, Trumpet.

Snacks:- None

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

58/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for a lovely visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos.

    It sounds like your trip has been a mixed blessing. I hope a good night's sleep will bring a refreshing. And, yes, it is so easy to slip in that gluten!

    Hugs.

    Deeb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, it's been a while since I've dropped by! You are doing quite well on the weight loss. I, too, am trying. I lose a few pounds and then eat "normally" for a day and gain it all back. Very discouraging.

    Gluten appears to be the enemy of a good many folks.

    ReplyDelete