Thursday, June 7, 2012

A MILESTONE. FIRST TIME 60 MINUTES ON CROSSTRAINER DAY 159



I raided a file of photos my son's partner gave me.
I have no idea where this is
but it catches my attention every time it shows up on my screen saver slide show.

159 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 5 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 

Having a lazy day yesterday gave me an advantage today. I was able to sustain a full 60 minutes, non-stop, on my cross-trainer. One thing I did was pace myself well. I find that when I go faster then 35 rpm I get a little stressed. I know that my average speed is improving so while this might seem quite slow it's good for me. Now to have breakfast and bake two loaves of grain-free bread. We are going away for the weekend and I want to be well prepared with safe food.

Not saying anything. Shh! I'm creeping toward my birthday gift weight goal. The big question is, will I make it?

Reporting Back ..............

11 am. flaxseed loaf in the oven. 12.30 pm yoghurt bundled up and on a shelf in the hot-water cupboard. 3 pm coconut loaf on the cooling rack. I was going to have a nice soak in a bubble bath but somehow the time flew by and before I knew it it was time to prep the veggies for the stir-fry. One thing I did this afternoon and almost surprised myself at the same time. 30 minutes or so stretching.

9 pm check the yoghurt. Done and it is working but too slowly. I don't think I kept it warm enough so have turned on the slow cooker for a while. Probably end up with more yoghurt cheese and whey. 

HOW DID I DO?

I achieved everything I set out to except a long soak in the bath.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:-   Antipasti plate. Salami, hummus on cucumber slices, small wedge of Brie, gherkin.

Tea/Dinner:- Stir-fry pork with onion, garlic and cabbage. 

Snacks:- None

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

60 minutes cross-trainer = 13 km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

48.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


3 comments:

  1. You are doing excellent! Congrats on the 60 min!! I'm curious, what does your breakfast smoothie contain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60 minutes! Wahoo!! You're a WL rock star! :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the 60mins. You are an inspiration. :) Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete