Friday, June 1, 2012

JUNE BEGINS WITH RENEWED FOCUS



153 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE

1 DAY OUT OF 30 EXERCISING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st

Winter is here but I will not let that slow me down. New month, fresh focus. I was disappointed that I didn't break through the 90kg/200 lb barrier in May. I am satisfied that I continued to work at this when it would have been easy to give in. I began the month with high hopes but it's been a bit of a struggle most days.

Goals for this month:- Lose about 3 kg/6.5 lbs.
                                      Exercise most days.

 I already know I will probably take two days off, 10th, 11th and I really hope that's all.

 Last month was a pathetic 11 out of 31 days. That should be easy to better.

My 73rd birthday is June 15th. I'm working toward cracking that 90 kg barrier as a birthday gift.  It's a big ask as I really need to lose 3kg to smash through with conviction.

Reporting Back ..............

I made another loaf of flaxseed bread based on Maria's recipe here. I made a lot of alterations and although it's an improvement I think I can make it a lot better yet. Today I reduced the flaxseed and added a little almond flour. I also added some yoghurt and milk but I think it's still to dry.  I mixed the liquids, except the egg whites, into the dry ingredients holding. I then folded the egg whites in and had a slightly less dense loaf. I'm thinking of taking out the baking powder and using lemon juice or cider vinegar too. I thought the baking powder left an after taste.

HOW DID I DO?

I'm pleased that I was able to start the month with a good day and tick all the boxes.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Soup with a slice of flaxseed bread and cheese

Tea/Dinner:- Roasted chicken leg with brussels sprouts and mashed potato. Potato is becoming a habit and yet it's not a favourite. I don't want it to become a habit again.
slice of flaxseed bread with cream cheese.

Snacks:- None

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

40 minutes cross-trainer = 8.5 km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

8.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75

3 comments:

  1. A loss is still great! You really have changed your life and I hope John likes the change too. Be kind to yourself, you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MargieAnne I love reading your goals you are setting yourself and seeing you accomplish the goals as well. I love how you take each day as it comes and stay on track :) you should be proud of these little steps leading to great things!! <3

    ReplyDelete